Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD
View Poll Results: Dino or Synthetic oil in a turbo car?
Dino all the way
28.89%
Synthetic is where it's at
62.22%
I could care less, oil is oil
8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on Oil for trubo applications

Old 07-23-2003, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special "Incentives" to try Amsoil

Guys and Gals,

At the risk of being flamed, I'll offer some comments and a proposal.

I run Amsoil 5w30 in my Grandpa car and Amsoil 10W40 and Amsoil 75W90 gear lube in my BMW.

As you can tell from my forum name I am an Amsoil dealer. I am new to this site but I am a huge local car enthusiast, I have been around a while, and have experienced and seen GREAT results with Amsoil, mostly in E36 M3s. Plus, I have verified many results with used oil analysis.

I see a lot of people run Royal Purple here and I have no knock on that product. However, it can be argued from a pure chemistry perspective that most of Amsoil's street oils are better than RP street oils.....To be honest, the differences in performance between the top of the line synthetic oils (Amsoil, Mobil-1, Royal Purple, RedLine) are negligible in most applications, particularly in non turbo, street driven cars, with under 3000 mile drain intervals. However, in race applications, turbo cars, and for those who wish to maximize the value through long drain intervals, synthetics really shine in such applications and there ARE indeed differences between brands and differences in chemistries within brands.

I stock Amsoil in Clearwater and will offer free advice on your application and "special incentives" to first time customers from Tamparacing.com in order to get some of you guys to try it. Specifically, I'll meet or beat Royal Purple prices and in most cases will even deliver the product.

Check it out at www.lubedealer.com/dstevens
and/or e-mail me direct with inquiries....Dealer and Retailer Inquiries are invited.

Don