Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

What Turbo to go with?

Old 11-13-2000, 02:08 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant have one single discussion without Honda and DSM people bickering can we? Its out of hand godammit. I refuse to go through life bickering about what make is better like my Dad did about Chevy and Ford. He spent his whole life on that debate when we all know now that THEY BOTH SUCK!

Anyways... I guess Majestic Turbo is better because I have to say that.

Carry on.

------------------
Joe
94TSiAWD
http://www.cr-racing.com/talonpage.htm
13.001 @ 106.55
Old 11-13-2000, 03:29 PM

OK so everyone says T3/T4. I appreciate the info on WHO to go to to get one but doesnt anyone have any input on the Frank series turbos. Basically a bolt on T3/T4 for the Mitsu. The Frank 4 uses a Garrett E60 wheel and a mitsu TD06 turbine wheel in a 20G housing. It uses an upgraded center cartridge to prolong turbo life. The Garrett requires a custom manifold and custom oil/water lines to be made up or bought. Big question is will CMR work with me if the wheels dont work for me. Will he exchange them out like Majestic does to suit my needs.

------------------
-------------------------
1992 Talon TSi AWD

Old 11-14-2000, 03:46 AM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Even if you go with the Frank you are going to have to modify your exhaust manifold for the external wastegate and you will pobably have an O2 eliminator of some kind built. So why not buy the Manifold for the Garret that has the wastegate flange already and have you O2 eliminator built with the flange for the Garret and go for it. The plumbing should be too dificult. Dont they use soft lines on that installation?
Old 11-14-2000, 09:05 AM
Look At Me America

Actually turbonetics makes turbonetic turbos. Sorry Garret is the way to go.

------------------
ROCKY
TEG Widower
Hatch Builder

Old 11-14-2000, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 94TSiAWD:
Even if you go with the Frank you are going to have to modify your exhaust manifold for the external wastegate and you will pobably have an O2 eliminator of some kind built. So why not buy the Manifold for the Garret that has the wastegate flange already and have you O2 eliminator built with the flange for the Garret and go for it. The plumbing should be too dificult. Dont they use soft lines on that installation?
No O2 eliminator needed. Wastegate flapper is welded shut for use with an external. Have to buy an external gate no matter what. Cost of a Garrett is cheap granted. Like in the $600 range. $400-$450 for a custom manifold (unless someone can find one cheaper for me) brings it up to about $1100 for all total including water/oil lines. I would say that the T3/T4 is the better deal by far. As long as the shop will work with me and not dump the Turbo in my lap and say good luck.

Old 11-14-2000, 04:07 PM

Yes Charlie will work with you. Ive only heard of one unsatisfied customer come out of there but hey you cant please em all!

------------------
John - vapor.trail@gte.net
Those with golf balls golf.
Those with real balls race.

Honda S2000
1988 CRX The Squash - come get some
Wanna know what makes me tick? Click!

Spec R Tuning - Tampas premier DynoJet center & import performance shop
813-910-7235
Old 11-14-2000, 04:07 PM

Anyway T3/T4 it is. Seeing as this is my second car bought for only racing. I think I will go with the T3/T4. What wheels is yet to be known. I have no idea on what wheel combo to look at for the Mitsu 2.0L. I guess Ill just have to go talk to Majestic/CMR. The way i see it its personal preferance and Ill probably talk to both.
GSTSuper16G is officially retired

------------------
1992 Talon TSi AWD

[This message has been edited by TealTalon (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old 11-15-2000, 05:21 AM

TealTalon please get some new rims soon those things are a eyesore Anyone on to my point why dont you wait and see how this turbo I just had assembled works out if it makes the HP Im expecting then you will know which route to go if it doesnt then you can work with some other options. This turbo is a little trial and error but hopefully it puts down the numbers to make it worthwhile. With any luck Ill get it together by dyno day and we will give it a try.

------------------

tampabay.dsm.org/members/jpeterso/
tampabay.dsm.org/projects/jpeterso/
V8 SLAYR
Jeff Peterson - 2006 GTO - Cold Air Inductions CAI, SLP U/D Pulley, FAST Ported Intake, Ported TB, Kooks 1-7/8's, Spintech Mufflers, H-Pipe, Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers, Flowtech Hellion Cam, 255lph Pump, and GMM Ripshifter. 445rwhp 402rwtq SAE
Old 11-15-2000, 07:11 AM

Originally posted by The^Thief:
TealTalon please get some new rims soon those things are a eyesore Anyone on to my point why dont you wait and see how this turbo I just had assembled works out if it makes the HP Im expecting then you will know which route to go if it doesnt then you can work with some other options. This turbo is a little trial and error but hopefully it puts down the numbers to make it worthwhile. With any luck Ill get it together by dyno day and we will give it a try.

Ahahah yeah the rims are a little rough to say the least. I actually like the style of the rims but the color is horrid. Maybe someone knows where I can get the paint removed to just a standard silever or whatever rim color.

As for the turbo its a while down the road before I get one. I need to get all of the supporting parts before I just slap a huge turbo on. There are a couple guys going T3/T4 im waiting on some results from to help me make a decision as well.
/me photoshops his sig. to diferent wheels.

------------------
1992 Talon TSi AWD

Old 11-15-2000, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by TealTalon:
Maybe someone knows where I can get the paint removed to just a standard silever or whatever rim color.
Youll hate this suggestion...BUT you could try brake fluid.

Absolutely the BEST at removing paint...lol. Then again you could take them to a body shop and get them sandblasted. Personally I think black powdercoated with a polished lip would look tight but that would cost $$.

------------------
John
90 Talon TSi AWD (2KW K4U)
91 Galant VR-4 (1574/2000)
http://tampabay.dsm.org

Quick Reply: What Turbo to go with?