Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

simple question simple answer

Old 02-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Obama made me Republican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple question simple answer

for those who are familiar with toyota. i am about to do a 4a swap either 20v silvertop(turbo) or 4agze(supercharged) which would be better if i am just looking for decent speed super or turbo. no serious racing or anything, just making my car real fast.

thx to everyone for your input
Old 02-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Fry Rice

supercharging is a much simpler process and just generally easier overall. however the power potential of a turbo is a lot more. For the street use and no serious racing I would definately go with a supercharger becuase you'll see your power across the entire rpm range instead of just way up high and your wont be disappointed at all.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:42 PM
yo soy "EL CUCUY"

Originally Posted by 69 Mach 1
supercharging is a much simpler process and just generally easier overall. however the power potential of a turbo is a lot more. For the street use and no serious racing I would definately go with a supercharger becuase you'll see your power across the entire rpm range instead of just way up high and your wont be disappointed at all.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 AM
PSSHHH x2

id go with the turbo setup. ive never understood the whole supercharge a 4cyl idea. with a proper setup, a turbo can have a large powerband aswell, not just one of these "Hey, im putting a T66 on my stock sr20 and im going to make 400rwhp!" people, who dont understand the concept of power under the curve.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 AM
Obama made me Republican

TRUE. EVERYONE HAS HAD VARYING OPINIONS ON WHICH SETUP I should GO WITH. I THINK I MAY END UP GOING WITH THE SUPECHARGER W/ FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER. I DUNNO, WHEN I GET ALL THE MONEY TOGETHER IN A FEW WEEKS I'LL MAKE AN EDUCATED DECISION, after doin some research MY ONLY CONCERN WITH THE SUPERCHARGER IS THAT BECAUSE IS USES THE ENGINE ITSELF TO POWER IT, AND THE ENGINE WILL ONLY BE A 4 cyl 4agze am worried it will rob power from the engine at the same time adding to it. hey do superchargers make any distinct noise like a turbo with a bov?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
PSSHHH x2

yea, they whine...dunno what 4bangers with em sound like though.

and put it this way, my blower, right now, takes over 70hp to spin it at 5000rpm...but thats my blower. yes you would get better throttle response (if its a roots style blower, not centrifical) but its going to take power to make power...whereas a turbo runs off your exhaust gasses, which does sort of take away power with added backpressure, but no where near the sort of power a blower would use. and there is no distinct sound a turbo w/ bov makes...turbo spools, turbo whines. it just depends on how ricey ya wanna be, and what BPV/BOV ya get.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...