Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Boosting Troubles

Old 08-14-2003, 10:00 PM
?.....?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosting Troubles

Ok, for starters i have a 95 240 with a S13 Redtop swap. All i have at the moment is a downpipe, and exaust. I just bought a Greddy PRofec B Spec II and this thing is confusing as hell. I would like to have my low boost setting to be at 10 psi, and my high boost to be at 12psi. There are many setting that need to be adjusted for this to happen, but i dont know what they hell i'm doing with the settings to be honest. I have the stock wastegate, and i have been getting boost spikes, boost fall offs, it doesnt feel like the peek 11.6 psi that it reads. Also, the spool up is REALLY SLOW. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 10:07 PM
?.....?

Thatd be great man, but i gotta work. Have to pay for the b/s some how. I'm off on Saturday though. Does that work for you?
Old 08-15-2003, 05:54 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I also work at secret services. i will be around the shop from 10 A.M till we leave for track night (5:00ish) fell free to stop by and we can take a look at it for you.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:37 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

sounds like you need to change the Dipswitches in the back... there are 4 of them i think... and there is a setting to change them to if youre car is equiped w/ "Internal gate and boost spiking" problems. theres also settings for "external gate and boost spike", "external gate underboosting" and what nots...

but, i think you need to reset your dip switches for your application. If that doesnt get rid of your boost creep, then thats simply because you have a bigger DP and it allows more exhaust to flow thru the turbine housing than to bypass it via the WG flapper... this will cause boost creep... its typical of cars w/ HUGE DP's.

the slow spooling is usually cured by adjusting teh "Balance" knob... its the left knob. Pop it out and turn it towards "Mild" this means that the soleniods have a more "Mild" control over how fast the boost builds, meaning that it climbs really quick compared to if it was turned towards "Sharp". i had it tuned to full "mild" on the DSM and it spooled to 14psi INSTANTLY when i was over 3000 rpm, Poppasmirf's first words were "I never seen anything like it in my life" when i spooled it for him.

if turning the knob to Mild doesnt cure it, then there may be something wrong w/ the turbo, IC or the plumbing being too restrictive.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

I just bought a Greddy PRofec B Spec II
after reviewing the first post, i have come to teh conclusion that im an idiot. i totally blanked over the "Spec II" part. good catch J-dawg
Old 08-15-2003, 06:27 PM
?.....?

I'll come down tomorrow as close to 10 - 1030 as possible ... not too sound like a complete dumbass, ive heard of you guys all over town, but where exactly are you located. Also, i seriously spent my whole paycheck on my car wednesday, is this going to cost anything? Thanks