Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

FMIC Question

Old 08-13-2003, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC Question

OK my car need's a bigger intercooler and i have 2 choice's i can buy a kit for my car for 975 buck's or buy a new intercooler off of ebay and have the pipe's fabricated.but i do not know of any shop's that do that kind of work.

Wanna trade car's?
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...tons-more.html
Old 08-13-2003, 07:36 AM
THE HAMMER

werent u selling that car? I just dont think you should work on modding the protege any more cause

A: waste of money since your getting a newer car
B: the motor in that car is just a stock protege DX motor with a turbocharger on it (t25) its quite strung out as it is..

I've heard bad things about turning the boost up at all, supporting mods or not..
Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

if you plan on KEEPING the car, get teh fmic... its not quite a good ratio of bang:buck... but itll DEFNINLY help, espeically w/ that Turbo-heater T25... never crank it past 13 psi though, even after the new FMIC.

or, you could get a car thast built for boost and you can throw more boost and make moer power. DSM's are pretty nice
Old 08-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Chowdah-head

aright, basically, your stuck in a little bit of a pickle...you bought your turbo car, you dont like it cause its slow..understandable...but before buying a fmic, at least put exhaust on it, www.magnusmotorsports.com has a 3" exhaust for your car, you will see more gains from exhaust than you will changing out the interheater for an intercooler, you should look into seeing if you can find the same block your car has in a junk yard out of a wrecked car, www.importperformanceparts.net should have pistons/rods for your car, its not a cheap investment, but one well worth it, as you will go from being able to make like 30 hp over stock to as much as 300 over stock if that tickles your fancy, it pretty much sucks, but if you wanna keep the car, and ya wanna make it fast, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, now im not exactly sure on this, so dont quote me, but if the T25 from the MP turbo is interchangable with the T25 from a DSM, you SHOULD be able to mount up some of the hotness DSM specialty turbo's such as 16G's, 20G's, PTE's, FP's....like i said, i dont know for sure if they use the same flange, but in the event that it does, and you do a stronger bottom end, those are all proven to be awesome turbo's, even the smallest of the flock, the 16G has pulled cars (including a local one) into the 11's....but i guess that leaves the other issue un-addressed...the tranny? eh, who knows
Old 08-13-2003, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Slash
werent u selling that car? I just dont think you should work on modding the protege any more cause

A: waste of money since your getting a newer car
B: the motor in that car is just a stock protege DX motor with a turbocharger on it (t25) its quite strung out as it is..

I've heard bad things about turning the boost up at all, supporting mods or not..
I said i was thinking of selling or trading it in i don't really know what i want to do with the car i'm just mad about the car's performance it's not to bad i just need some more power so i was thinking maybe a intake,exhaust,intercooler,boost controller,thicker head gasket to lower the compression some.i only want to run like 10-12psi on the stock clutch as for the mods they are out there it's just i don't know about spending all that money for a little more power.

Wanna trade car's?
Old 08-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Hello

Better upgrade that fuel system before you think of running 10-12psi on stock internals. Hell...I would not run 10-12psi on stock internals without expecting it to blow within 1000miles.

Its not build for boost at all.
do what poppasmirf said and buy yourself a piston/rod combo.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by psifactor
Better upgrade that fuel system before you think of running 10-12psi on stock internals. Hell...I would not run 10-12psi on stock internals without expecting it to blow within 1000miles.

Its not build for boost at all.
do what poppasmirf said and buy yourself a piston/rod combo.
what type of pistons/rods should i buy?and ACT make's a clutch kit for my car so i'm not really worried about the clutch as for the LSD???????

Wanna trade car's?

Last edited by mspd267; 08-13-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Chowdah-head

eagle rods will suffice if you can find them for your car, JE, Ross, Wiesco are all good piston manufacturers