Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

One stage

Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old school is right single stage paint the clear is so thin its just not enough.im not to good with the whole computer thing but im gonna try and put some pic of my car up i just painted it 3 days ago.but anyway its single stage with 4 coats of clear trust me u dont want to do a single with no clear.

and one more thing im not gonna jump the gun and bash the painter but if he primes the car hes gonna have to lay down a couple coats of some kinda red base coat, then the single stage, then the clear.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Painter Extrodionaire

Originally Posted by jdm2474
old school is right single stage paint the clear is so thin its just not enough.im not to good with the whole computer thing but im gonna try and put some pic of my car up i just painted it 3 days ago.but anyway its single stage with 4 coats of clear trust me u dont want to do a single with no clear.

and one more thing im not gonna jump the gun and bash the painter but if he primes the car hes gonna have to lay down a couple coats of some kinda red base coat, then the single stage, then the clear.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Single stage DOES NOT use clear-- Base does. Thus the base/clear combo. Single stage means "one" spary session.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by oldschool98

Single stage DOES NOT use clear-- Base does. Thus the base/clear combo. Single stage means "one" spary session.
it came out wrong what i was trying to say is i painted my car with a single stage paint and single stage isnt enough so i started with with some blue paint because the car was a different color then i went over it with the single stage which was the main color,then 4 coats of clear. so in my opinon i think that just painting a car single stage with no clear and calling it a day to me isnt the way to go.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Painter Extrodionaire

No, a good qaulity single stage urethane will gloss just as well as clear and last for years. I personally like black or any solid color in single stage,very deep.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:53 PM
wrd.

I wouldnt do it, waste of money. Just save up for the right paint job, because later you'll just be yelling at yourself.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by oldschool98

it came out wrong what i was trying to say is i painted my car with a single stage paint and single stage isnt enough so i started with with some blue paint because the car was a different color then i went over it with the single stage which was the main color,then 4 coats of clear. so in my opinon i think that just painting a car single stage with no clear and calling it a day to me isnt the way to go.