Thinking About Selling My 91 240 Coupe

Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking About Selling My 91 240 Coupe

Like the title says, I'm THINKING of selling my coupe, and was wondering what I could honestly ask for it.

It's a 1991 Coupe, bought it from the second owner about 4 years ago, when I purchased the car it was completely stock, no mods at all. Though the car shows 270,000 miles, the engine was replaced with a identical KA engine from the previous owner that had 60,000 miles on it and now has maybe 70,000 miles on it. I bought the car because I wanted a good autocross car that was easy to mod and was a solid reliable car.

It's a solid car, no rust anywhere, it has a few dings and dents but the doors, trunk, and hood open and shut just fine. The paint on the hood and roof was shot, and I sanded and prepped and primered the hood and front bumper, though when I did the work, it does look like it got a minor hit and repair on the left front, but the work looks correct. A/C blows ice cold, and everything works, though the radio was deleted for a set of Autometer gauges, (oil pressure, oil temp, vacuum)

The interior looks good, the dash, door panels, and center console are perfect, the drivers seat is a mess, but the passenger seat and rear seat are fine. The trunk still has the carpet and plastic interior panels. Under the hood it still looks like it did from the factory, all the original components are there, no oil leaks or shotty repairs, though it does look like a 22 year old engine bay, not perfectly clean, but very nice for it's age.

The mods I have done to it over 4 years:

Konig Ultralight 17x7 wheels

Replaced all stock brake parts with EBC Yellow pads, and flushed fluid and replaced with ATE Blue DOT4 fluid, stops on a dime.

New stock fuel injectors, and of course tuned up (new plugs and wires, oil changes, trans fluid and diff fluid changed, battery, etc.)

SPL Tension bars and RUCAS

Tein S.Tech springs

Rebuilt steering rack with new inner and outer tie rods

New lower control arms with bushings and ball joints

New end links

New swaybar bushings

New Tokico Blue struts

New clutch master and slave (with DOT4 fluid)

New speedo sensor (and replaced speedo head with used head)

I have all the stock parts that were replaced.

The car has been well maintained, I only use it to autocross and occasionally drive on the weekend, but mostly just sits in my garage. I've won quite a few events with it, and have surprised a lot of people how well I've done with it, of course with racing a lot of it is the driver.

So, like I said, I'm just curious what I could honestly see what I could get out of it, I would like to buy a S2000 in the future if the numbers are right.

Thanks for your time and replies !

(note: picture shows shows the car without the new rear springs, sits a little lower now)

Last edited by Cone Killer; 04-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 AM
I <3 usdm

Probably in the 1500-2500 range. But with how everyone is jacking their prices up for tax season you might be able to get more.

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Because race car…

A desirable/drift tax will push the cars value to around or even over $2000, though KBB lists the car's value at around $1500 (thats for a '93 with 200k miles on it). KBB does not price out used cars older that '93, at least on basis site, at least from what I found.

I've seen your car, its nice, straight and has tons of potential. You should hold out to get top dollar for it. If you have newer motor/trans mounts and have done some suspension bushing work on the car a test drive by a buyer could help the car sell its self. If youre not in a rush you'll get your asking price as long as its realistic.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 AM
I <3 usdm

Considering the car isn't beat and has mods that aren't Herrafrush wheels, omgdriftbodykit, and 10 million stickers, I think it might be one of those cars someone will have to drive to appreciate.

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, good info. I guess if I do decide to sell it I'll have to put "must see to appreciate" in the ad.

Royce, see you Sunday !
Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Because race car…

You have the right idea...its a gem that must be seen. You've done some nice updates and the car represents its self well, even on the track.

Yes sir, Brian! I'm running in the late session but I did get on the worker list for the AM. See you then.