Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Replacing Rings: KA- hgh compression question/suggestions.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, If you have been high comp for some time with your DSM stuff, what suggestion would you have for rings? Did you build your engine or take it to a shop?

Honestly, I'm bummed though Tom . I thought for sure you would think this venture would be worth checking into for the sake of doing something different, at the very least. But you did highlight why I want to do the super charger set up..."everyone" uses a turbo to boost
http://youtu.be/jN3c_BkQ89M Between Empire and myself, we have researched the shit out of the supercharging topic. We are well aware of the limitations of supercharging. If youre interested, take a look into my build thread. There are plenty of details in the thread.

All that is well and good, but if I dont get my rings replaced then it wont matter anyway...lol. My compression right now is crap...the car is eating too much oil and it turns black in a matter of 300 miles or less.

As Ive stated in this thread earlier I only have around $100 invested in the engine right now. Its eaten up a fair amount of time with its odd complications (from head gasket to flat top piston discovery), but is still intriguing as a project. In the worse case it gets build then pops...then we build the other engine block we have here.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 AM

Those look exactly like the oe replacement beck arnley sohc pistons I put in my dohc high comp build a couple years ago

As far as the rings go choices are endless mostly opinion based but just make suure you gap them extra wide right at the max spec of the rings this will allow for them to expand more due to the extra heat they will be experiencing with the higher compression.
If you don't gap them wide enough they will end up expanding to the point that they actually push togeather and cause so much extra friction against the cylinder walks that the ring lands will fail
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Because race car…

Nice tip sir!! Did the Beck Arnley pistons have a ST stamped on them??
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 AM

It has been a while I can not say yes or no