Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

No fuel past Injectors...

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the old injectors hooked to the new rail right now. I'm thinking about swapping rails and fprs. I'm trying to remember to bring the fuel gauge home today to check pressure. And going to pick up a power point to trip the injectors.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 PM

Ok.. so, now I can get the car running off of a shot of gas into the intake.. then she runs on her own. Per Empire I pulled the fuel rail off with the injectors attached. I could see the start up spray for fuel being shot out.. and there was enough pressure to push two of the injectors off the rail. I need to switch a few things back to their proper positions.. IE fpr vacuums to individual fprs, fuel filter.. and I seem to be having a problem with one of the vacuum control sensors.. either its not hooked up right or its leaking vacuum. Hoping to get it all sorted out.
Still have to make intercooler piping since my vmount setup is so close..
Also need to have a drive shaft made.. for whatever reason the "drop in" rb20 trans wont fit with the one piece driveshaft. (even though I measured the rb trans and it was the same as the rb/ka trans.. and to add that the engine mounts and trans mounts are all hooked up in their same locations.

Lots of work to do.. but im glad that she runs..even if its taking a shot of gas to start

1. drive shaft
2. trans fluid
3. headlights( square hardbody lights since the vmount wont fit stock lights)
4. install the SAFC, boost guage, wideband
5. rip, shred, and put a JIHAD on my tires!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Some pics of the car. Im no pro and im sure others would do things different, but this is how im doing mine..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]194233[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194234[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194235[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194236[/ATTACH]
Old 12-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Well back to not running. Shes just cranking and cranking with little sputter starts here and there. Ive rechecked everything ive gone through and cant seem to figure it out. I had her running for a while and noticed the lower radiator pipes were not getting hot. She was building up heat pretty quickly. I took the thermostat out and checked it. It was opening the way that it was supposed to. I reinstalled the lower neck minus the t-stat to be able to check the water pump and now here I am back to not starting. Ive been hunting down vacuum leaks and trying to route the vacuum lines the way they are supposed to be.. however with this intake manifold that's kind of hard. Its been a lot of moving this and that with no luck.

And to top it all off im finding out that the drivetrain should have worked, yet, it doesn't.

The previous set up was RB eng/ rb bellhousing/ ka trans/ ka 1 piece driveshaft and it all fit
the setup now is RB eng/ and full rb trans/ ka 1 piece drive shaft and its all 2 inches short. The engine mounts are in the same spot as before. The trans mount is mounted the same way too. But the driveshaft input shaft is hanging 2 inches out of the transmission. Im looking at getting a new driveshaft made, but it just sucks that this "should" be a direct drop in seeing as a few sites ive looked at and I talked with someone who had the full rb package to fit in the car.

Well back to work on the car.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 PM

When you turn the key to crank do you get a check engine light? If it doesnt light up while cranking, or at all, you may have a bad ecu.

Last edited by omgosh; 12-29-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM

I haven't seen an engine light for either ECU.. But I don't know if that signal wire is even hooked up.

Today I got the car to run... in this order.
1. Running at idle with MAF unplugged with no revving.
2. MAF plugged in car will run up trough the RPM range but doesn't want to idle well

I pulled all the plugs out again cause it seems to be running on 5 cyls. And the rear coil pack looks like it could be arking to the coil rail. Ill replace that tomorrow and put the new plugs in. Hopefully there will be a change.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:00 PM

Can you get any codes out of the ECUs? Iirc there is a screw/light on it...but its been awhile since I had an rb20.

What you just described sounds like what my car was doing last week. The ground for the MAF was bad inside the ECU. I tested the wire from plug to plug and it tested good. ECU had grounds, power. So I grounded the MAF at the sensor side harness plug, fixed it right up..

Ive seen the same thing happen on a couple Mitsubishi ECUs and now a KA so I figure Id mention it..
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM

The only code I get from the ECU.. both of them is 43 which is for throttle position circuit. When all is "well" its supposed to flash with a code 55.. I have not gotten one yet. I looked up the 43 code and all I can see is that it wont keep the car from running.