Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

s13 front end fitment

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM
SURFS up ASSHOLE!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s13 front end fitment

Ok so im having some issues getting my front end to fit right, the previous owner had a sil front but took it off to sell the car and basically just slapped on the fenders and bumper with a few bolts.I didnt think this was gonna be a problem until i started tryin to put it together right and realized how chewed up the bottom of the car is. where the fenders are supposed to connect to the bottom of the car is all smashed to hell leaving me no where to bolt the damn things to...the drivers side is missing the peice to bolt the fender to all together(right by the door). the front end is straight its mainly just all the flange peices that are f'ed. i know im not doin the best job in the world explaining this but its been a long day...my question is can i cut all the messed up peices on the bottom off and either try to replace them with peices from another car or maybe fab some shit up myself or is there some other way to fix this? ill try and put pics up later so you guys can actually see what im talkin about....thanks for any ideas!
R.I.P. CPL. Andrew C. Wilfart, K.I.A. Operation Enduring Freedom FEB 27, 2011 Godspeed Brother!VATOS LOCOS ALPHABET GANG member#3
Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 AM
不名誉の前に死

post pics till then, zip-ties.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 AM
no

Send it to the scrap yard and find a shell that hasn't had a sledge hammer shiatsu massage. Lol

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 AM

What I would probably do...and this is pretty ghetto...lol...is cut that pinch weld out in front of the door. Then just drill a couple holes further back in it and bolt a piece of steel bracket to it parallel to the ground so you have something to bolt the fender too...and for the bracket near the rear view mirror just bend a piece of metal into a 90* turn, drill holes and bolt it to the body.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Because race car…

I think Omgosh is on to something... some fab work on your part will be needed to make it look proper. It will never be the same. I hate it when knuckle draggers cant figure out that you dont use a floor jack on the pinch welds...at least use the freaking frame rails!!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
.....taste the rainbow

I had this problem once, (the pinch welds being crumpled). Get the car up high enough to where you have some elbow room and get a pair of vise grips and bend the pinch welds back to good enough standards. Something of this nature would be ideal.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
SURFS up ASSHOLE!!!

right on thanks guys, im gonna try and work on it some tomorrow providing it doesnt rain, but hawaii is good at fucking up plans with rain lol
R.I.P. CPL. Andrew C. Wilfart, K.I.A. Operation Enduring Freedom FEB 27, 2011 Godspeed Brother!VATOS LOCOS ALPHABET GANG member#3