Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR to VQ adapter plate?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR to VQ adapter plate?

I have a Z33 mission just sitting so I got to thinking, what if..

who could make this possible and how much would it be?

Mazworx used to make SR to VG adapter plates but appears they stopped making them.

Discuss.

Last edited by Kung.; 05-10-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Please hold...

Mazworx wont make one, I've already asked. I personally started working on this exact idea almost 3 years ago, but gave up because at the time I didnt have the tools.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Built to guilt

Originally Posted by Kung.

Mazworx used to make SR to VG adapter plates but appears they stopped making them.

Discuss.
Just checked they still do the VG adapter plates, even though I've now broken 2 VG tranny's I still say it's the best investment I ever made at my driveline holding the power my SR is making, replaced the tranny last Saturday the gears still looked like new just broke a fork which is what happened to the first one aswell. Replacing a trans every 6 months or so with the abuse I put my car through isn't bad at all hell the last one lasted about 9 months. Heres the link to the VG adapter. And I was replacing an sr/ka trans every week to other week prior to doing the VG trans.

http://www.mazworx.com/index.php?l=p..._detail&p=2759

VQ trans would be pretty sweet but unnecessary at 530ft lbs the VG is still more than adequate even with a sprung stage 5 iron clutch disk I'm running.

Last edited by Torrential; 05-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 AM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by Torrential
Just checked they still do the VG adapter plates, even though I've now broken 2 VG tranny's I still say it's the best investment I ever made at my driveline holding the power my SR is making, replaced the tranny last Saturday the gears still looked like new just broke a fork which is what happened to the first one aswell. Replacing a trans every 6 months or so with the abuse I put my car through isn't bad at all hell the last one lasted about 9 months. Heres the link to the VG adapter. And I was replacing an sr/ka trans every week to other week prior to doing the VG trans.

SRVG Adapter Kit

VQ trans would be pretty sweet but unnecessary at 530ft lbs the VG is still more than adequate even with a sprung stage 5 iron clutch disk I'm running.

holy crap. that shit is ridiculous.

I think I would cream if I saw your car run...
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Torrential, you've proven the VG trans in-adequate twice over

fuck adapters, make a new bell housing, the VQ has a perfect "cut line" cast in.

VIPStyleCars.com/Awesomely bad idea
Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 AM
buildin' it

< can only dream of the day the I have the budget to build a car that warrant such a thing as ^
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kung.

Discuss.
We will never stop making the SR-VG adapter kit. Its one of the best sellers and still hands down best tranny for the money.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by jtmroczk
Torrential, you've proven the VG trans in-adequate twice over
any tranny from anyone can be broken.. when he says abuse it is rediculous abuse that no tranny was born to withstand.. he beats the crap out of the tranny. a lot of it is the clutch that is in use. Spec, the company calls it "The tranny killer" and that is a direct quote from the guy at spec with him chuckling. lol

i run mazworx adapter plate also. it is a good choice for the money. it takes a little finagling to get all the rattles and little noises out. i broke 5 or 6 ka and sr trannys before i went to the z32 tranny. i put down 540whp on this tranny and it holds strong. the adapter plate is actually easier to intall with the z32 tranny than the ka/sr too. driveability does change but if you are looking to change for the right reason then comfort is not really that important.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM

not downing the z32 trans. it's definitely far better than changing a ka/sr trans every other week.

whats the combo for the VG "tranny killer clutch"?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by jtmroczk
not downing the z32 trans. it's definitely far better than changing a ka/sr trans every other week.
whats the combo for the VG "tranny killer clutch"?
6 Puck unsprung iron disk, and stage 6 pressure plate. i have personally never felt a clutch that grips even close to what this does. I have the same one.