Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Anyone know about R1Motorsports??

Old 12-29-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about R1Motorsports??

I have been thinking of doing the TT swap on my 93. I have been talking to him back and forth and before i move forward with doing this swap i wanna see if people would recommend him doin the swap. If you worked with him on something and if he did motor work for you let me know how it turned out. All help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 AM

Someone has to know about this shop. help me out
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
A$$hole

I think he's posted on here a few times and thats why the name sounds familiar to me, but I don't know of anyone personally that has used him so I can't say anything one way or the other about his work.

I don't like taking work away from people so I'm not gonna tell you that being in Sarasota you could also look into Harry at Ztuner.com who is very well known and respected in the Z community, cause that just wouldn't be fair.

However I will say don't take it to Z fever like 98% of the other people on here are going to tell you to do.....Well for the swap at least, taking it there for tuning afterward is fine since Martin knows his shit. But Harry does that also and he's really good with it.

Originally Posted by Automobile Magazine
The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace.

Last edited by ZXTT; 12-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by ZXTT
I don't like taking work away from people so I'm not gonna tell you that being in Sarasota you could also look into Harry at Ztuner.com who is very well known and respected in the Z community, cause that just wouldn't be fair.

However I will say don't take it to Z fever like 98% of the other people on here are going to tell you to do.....Well for the swap at least, taking it there for tuning afterward is fine since Martin knows his shit. But Harry does that also and he's really good with it.
you just contradicted yourself.. i was not going to chime in and say zfever, but now.. Zfever is a good shop. There are people on here with good and bad experiences with EVERY shop in the WORLD! Zfever has been around for over 30 years, sooo they have to be doing SOMETHING right. IF you have an issue with anything, which is possible with any modified car it will be taken care of. My recommendation is ZFEVER.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM
A$$hole

Originally Posted by Z350man
you just contradicted yourself..

I know, it was a joke

And you're definitely right about everyone having their own experiences with shops, I've just seen to much to suggest them. He will have to do his own research just like he is now, but I would suggest other places in the Z community as well like twinturbo.net and 3zc.com, not just TR

Personally I don't suggest taking it to any shop, I believe in doing the work yourself and learning your car. If you can't do something as simple as a drop in swap then you're just gonna go broke getting it fixed every time something breaks.

Originally Posted by Automobile Magazine
The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I was planing on doing the work my self, but after the x-rays i just had doesn't seem like i will be doing that anymore that's why I'm in a search now. I had a talk with Harry just waiting on him to get back to me. Z1motorsports seems to be a real good shop as well just to far from me.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:42 PM
The Riot Society

how much have they quoted you on your swap?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM

Most of the quotes have been in the 6k range.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by 24k05busarider
Most of the quotes have been in the 6k range.
that is about right.. Fever charges $5800, i just got off the phone with Doug. He has a special running for the month of December, because of Christmas, for $5000. I asked him if you contacted him tomorrow and scheduled it if he would still do it for 5k and he said yes. Either way good luck on your swap and hope you make the right choice for you. Hope everything gets better with your xray issue.

Chris