Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR wont move???

Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Ride of the Month

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what gear lube? and yes it can cause the tranny not to go in gear!
word on that... that f-ing gti-r was the shit and sounded mean too! and it was sittin on some hot ass volks
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/r...pril-rotm.html
Old 06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
February - Ride of the Month

sounds like when I broke my transmission haha

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 06-14-2009, 07:09 AM
darkSilvia

so i tried what JR ss said i put it in gear and it spinds

gti-r32...i used some valvoline gease the guy at the advance told me to use

i cant under stand tho how i have two trannies an SR and KA and they both do the same they both cant be broken??? i hope not
Military Police we are just soldiers doing a different job. We carry weapons with live ammo everyday. We write tickets for people well above our own pay grades. We face “combat situations” in the front lawns of soldiers’ homes weekly. And when we see a cop behind us we think, “What does this jerk want”. yup yup
Old 06-14-2009, 07:23 AM
darkSilvia

im jus going to have to take the transmission off again and check the clutch also read something similar happen to someone on Nico and he said that his flywheel shattered could this be a cause too??
Military Police we are just soldiers doing a different job. We carry weapons with live ammo everyday. We write tickets for people well above our own pay grades. We face “combat situations” in the front lawns of soldiers’ homes weekly. And when we see a cop behind us we think, “What does this jerk want”. yup yup
Old 06-14-2009, 07:46 AM
darkSilvia

this could also shed some light to before i did the tranny swap my SR tanny was acting wierd all of a sudden when i came to a light and i tried to move when it was green it wouldnt move unless i was a 5k rpms

wow im an idiot i kno what it is now derrrrr

Last edited by SoLaRaV6; 06-14-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:55 AM
S one 4

I'd pull the pressure plate cover off and inspect your clutch extremely well... That could be an issue.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM
darkSilvia

ya i had a feeling tht could be the problem but correction i placed it in first and the drive shaft doesnt move i guess i didnt have it enough in gear last time
Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM
U and your 3rd dimension

SR wont move???
This is a very common issue on sr20's. There are a bunch of things you can do to treat the symptoms, but the underlying problem (lack of tq) can only be fixed by swapping in a ka24 or larger displacement engine. HTH.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 AM
darkSilvia

Originally Posted by vertigo
This is a very common issue on sr20's. There are a bunch of things you can do to treat the symptoms, but the underlying problem (lack of tq) can only be fixed by swapping in a ka24 or larger displacement engine. HTH.
lol ill stay with what i have

but i took the tranny off and removed the pressure plate cover and pressure plate i don know to much bout transmission how can i tell if thats bad i can post some pics up jus to show u too
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
darkSilvia