Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

When you have a s13 coupe and the rear speaker cover looks like shit

Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed cat
not trying to be a dick, but its gona look like ass when it fades, and it will fade pretty fast too unless you got some limo tint. I did my dash and rear like yours in black suede and that shit faded and looked like shit, so i tore it back out. headliner in mine still looks bitchin but the rest of the stuff....
It fades when

1) you use cheap suede or fake suede
2) you don't brush it regularly
3) you don't treat it quarterly

If you do those things it shouldn't fade for years....
Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Speed cat
not trying to be a dick, but its gona look like ass when it fades, and it will fade pretty fast too unless you got some limo tint. I did my dash and rear like yours in black suede and that shit faded and looked like shit, so i tore it back out. headliner in mine still looks bitchin but the rest of the stuff....
My car sits in a garage and I didnt use cheap suede, suede fades just like leather gets hard and cracks... when its not taken care of.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
speed cat

it dosent matter what you treat it with, IT WILL fade when its on your dash or rear speaker cover, just by being in the parking lot when you go out. and the suede you used is cheap, its called suede but its actuelly microfiber or ultrafiber, faux suede ect. I can tell by how it freys in your picture when you cut it. real suede is about $50 a yard, and when you cut it, it wont frey. Im not nockin your stuff, I did the same thing and it sucks when your dash and rear speaker cover fades man, when you peel that shit off your dash all the tac will be all over it...makes a mess. here is a pic of the head liner, and rear seats. I dont have the pic of my dash anymore.

same shit you used man, its gonna fade wherever the sun hits it, mine was also garage kept, faded from parking lots. window tint will help alot tho if you have it on you car. I dont, so my shit didn't hold color for a long time.

Last edited by Speed cat; 05-19-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Its not the suede that freys its the backing. The stuff I used is for rehopolstering (sp?) so its has a very thick backing and it is real suede, not microfiber, microfiber sucks IMO. And depends on how you do it and what you use to hold it down depends on the "tack" if you you use the ghetto gay ass 3m shit you buy at walmart then you are right.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:37 PM

go out side the box and do something else than suede, like snake skin or something(just using an example)

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Fishes more than you

Looks good mike. I was looking for some fabric the other day to do this. EDIT: And speed cat, you are an idiot and i hope your car explodes.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by c.j.dono
go out side the box and do something else than suede, like snake skin or something(just using an example)

Theyve all been done, not to mention snake skin would look like shit, and Joe is far from "origional" gator has been done several times before he did it.

Its a S-chassis you have to do what you want, dont worry about origionallity because no matter what idea you have IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
speed cat

black suede looks good, not much else that would look good besides leather. and why am I a idiot? care to explain this?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by RB240Mike
Theyve all been done, not to mention snake skin would look like shit, and Joe is far from "origional" gator has been done several times before he did it.

Its a S-chassis you have to do what you want, dont worry about origionallity because no matter what idea you have IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.
everything has been done before not matter what, but its all what you prefer. I think you can make some things look pretty clean.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."