Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

KA>SR Tranny conversion write up!!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the only thing about painting a tranny, you're pretty much not getting that beast in there without 50 grease smudges unless you cover it in plastic wrap or use a box worth of gloves.

either way, no one sees it anyways and it works.

CA/KA/SR/VG30, whatever else. i remember when matt and i talked about this back in the day, it was relieving to know you can grenade trannies at will and have plenty to source from...granted the process of swapping is my least favorite. i surely had some choice words and fingers directed at it.

and even though the FS5W71C tranny is only 99lbs, it feels alot worse. changing a transmission on a v8 is half the work and weight sometimes.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
(OO\____/OO)

yeah, it would have gone back in a lot cleaner, but after i painted it, i realized that i had the gear selector rods misaligned, and only had 5th and reverse, so i had to take it all back apart... that's why in the write up, i made sure to add that once you get it back together, check to make sure all gears go into place... don't make the mistake i did...

as far as painting it, it was for shits and giggles, two cans of florescent pink for $free.99 and some extra time on my hands...

and yeah, it is nice to know that you can easily fix your tranny, just by doing some research, and spending wisely, you can fix your broken SR trans for sometimes $50 if ya do it yourself, hell, i've seen people GIVE away KA trannys...

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 AM
SLAMMED!!!!!!!!!!

can you use the ka clutch, dust cover, pressure plate and flywheels with this mated trans.
my clutch and trans is shot

Down and Out

Originally Posted by BAMF
Thats like saying if I get a heart transplant from a black dude I get 20 acres and a mule. Hogwash.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
no

No... Is that a serious question? The bell housiings are completely different so the dust cover is a no go. SR and KA pressure plates are also completely different, one has six bolts and the other has 8 iirc. I'm not entirely sure about using a ka clutch disc on an sr though.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 AM
buildin' it

I saw this thread bumped up and I was all like ".... is that.... Marshall...?..." but alas, it is not...

as for the KA clutch question, no, you need to use all SR stuff. it is all different. I'm sure you could make the KA clutch disk work, but at that point, you've bought all SR stuff anyway, might as well just get the whole SR clutch kit.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Empire
I saw this thread bumped up and I was all like ".... is that.... Marshall...?..." but alas, it is not...

haha me too
Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
(OO\____/OO)

someone call my name?

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM
February - Ride of the Month

dramatic fucker

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Body man extrordinair

Sweet!!!!!

Facebooks
Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I <3 usdm

Holy fuck

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.