Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

300zx Problems(I Need Help)

Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300zx Problems(I Need Help)

Yo what's up ! well to get right in to it i got my brothers 300zx tt and at first i was just trying to sale it for him but due to not getting the cash i need for him i'm going to just keep it and fix it up.

PROBLEMS: well it is getting oil in the system some how when i crank it up its can barely stay on plus if i do get it to idle it spits oil out of the exhaust in a light mist but when i drive it down the street and i get it to stop breaking up it pulls like a bat out of hell. O plus when i crank it up at first it has this bad tapping sound ... not an off time sound but something with the valves.

Now a friend of mines was going to buy it and put way tooo much oil in it. so when i found out and got home i drained out a lot but i really don't know how bad he may have fuck things up.( he added 2 qts of lucas to a already full block without draining)

I also heard that there is a can or something that looks like it ( don't know the right name for it) that is suppose to help stop blow by in the intake man. i just need a lil ... well alot of questions answered so i know which way to go about fixing this.... Thanks

Last edited by sirmichaelthe3; 01-06-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 AM

bump
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM

guy i really need some help here so plz hit me back its a great car and i don't want it to go to waste
Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

My guess is that A.) You need your turbos rebuilt and B.) You have a lifter tick on your valves. What's the mileage on the motor/chassis?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
A$$hole

The car is 13-19 years old, lifter tick is pretty common. You can try an oil change with the correct amount of GOOD oil ( Mobil1, Royal Purple, etc) and Sea Foam.

With the amount of oil you are describing I'm gonna agree with K and say the seals in your turbos are shot....It could be other things but this comes to mind first, especially since you say "mist" and not smoke. When you get on it does it smoke real bad?

What area do you live in?

Originally Posted by Automobile Magazine
The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling, roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't replace.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 AM

No it doesn't smoke at all so yeah my friend said that it maybe the turbos. when u r looking at the car from behind the trunk the left side mist the most and thats why he thinks its that side turbo. I was hoping not cause they have just been change out so.

i stay in seffner/brandon area so like i said this is my brothers car and i just want to keep it up for him so when he gets out he has something still.

does that sea foam shit really helps ur car cause from the vids i saw it just smokes alot
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 AM

to the top
Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
February - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by sirmichaelthe3
Yo what's up ! well to get right in to it i got my brothers 300zx tt and at first i was just trying to sale it for him but due to not getting the cash i need for him i'm going to just keep it and fix it up.

PROBLEMS: well it is getting oil in the system some how when i crank it up its can barely stay on plus if i do get it to idle it spits oil out of the exhaust in a light mist but when i drive it down the street and i get it to stop breaking up it pulls like a bat out of hell. O plus when i crank it up at first it has this bad tapping sound ... not an off time sound but something with the valves.

Now a friend of mines was going to buy it and put way tooo much oil in it. so when i found out and got home i drained out a lot but i really don't know how bad he may have fuck things up.( he added 2 qts of lucas to a already full block without draining)

I also heard that there is a can or something that looks like it ( don't know the right name for it) that is suppose to help stop blow by in the intake man. i just need a lil ... well alot of questions answered so i know which way to go about fixing this.... Thanks
you have a friend at mines? lol jk

serious time:
Did the spitting oil start after the 2 qts of lucas or before? and as for the terrible start to no idle, did you check the plugs? when was the last time you changed them? also, is the white smoke coming out of the exhaust coming only idle?

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Banned

White smoke - Coolant
Black smoke - Turbos, Valve Stems, etc.
Blue smoke - Gas

I would be worried if you have white and black my friend. The smoke you see coming out from SeaFoam is all the carbon your engine has built up over the span of its life. Thats good to see shit come out. Also, the turbos may have been rebuilt, but a non-ball bearing turbo will never be "perfect" again even after being rebuilt, and if its rebuilt by some jackasses, than it REALLY wont last.

Good luck sir.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
February - Ride of the Month

Well, Idk how Z32's are but not necessarily true in my case about the white being ONLY coolant, also coolant out of the exhaust has a smell of coolant, when I blew my last turbo charger it was white smoke at idle.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."