Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

couple upgrade questions

Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple upgrade questions

Just doing some upgrades and wanted some input. I want to run my car on a track and build my set up around that so I was thinkikng of a few upgrades. For the money, how well is a z32 front and rear upgrade for braking power? also what suspension would performe well on the track,cornering ect. Ive heard good thinkgs about HKS suspension. also I need some input on flywheels. Is it worth the money for the more expensive brands, or can i get away with a cheap flywheel?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
fails.....

Originally Posted by Speed cat
Just doing some upgrades and wanted some input. I want to run my car on a track and build my set up around that so I was thinkikng of a few upgrades. For the money, how well is a z32 front and rear upgrade for braking power? also what suspension would performe well on the track,cornering ect. Ive heard good thinkgs about HKS suspension. also I need some input on flywheels. Is it worth the money for the more expensive brands, or can i get away with a cheap flywheel?
what kind of budget are you working with?
Yes, the z32 swap is great. More than worth the money. you can't buy aftermarket parts that will perform as well for the same cost.
as for suspension, it depends on how much money you want and just how much performance you want.
Start with an energy suspension bushing kit.
if you want cheaper, then get some springs, something like k-sport or tien, and some struts. I like the KYB AGXs.
If you have the cash to spend, then get coilovers, Tein type flex are popular. Megan streets, and tracks are popular too...
You might find that the bushing kit, decent springs and struts, and a good set of lightweight rims with good tires will give you the handling you are looking for.
basically, all of the flywheels are the same. you want lightweight. a lot of people are just getting their stock flywheels machined down to get rid of the excess weight. from what we can tell, if you don't have a whole lot of power, then it will hold up fine. That'll be way cheaper than buying an aftermarket one...

next time you ask for what type of parts you should get, include your budget, and a little better example of your goals... That way we know exactly what you are working with... ya know..
Old 05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
35.5 psi, stock sleeves

What kind of track use are you looking for. And how often is the main question.

The more expensive "name" brands are recommended if this is gonna be a track car. If this is going to be a street car that visits the track every now and then, then go with some brands the will save you some coin.

The track tends to beat on parts. So if you are gonna be there alot, buy parts that are internationally known for taking a beating.

If its just the streets, they arent that aggressive(DEPENDING ON WHAT PART OF TOWN YOU ARE FROM LOL)

I would suggest a coilover setup if you are track simply because of the tune-ability.
You can get away with a knock off flywheel if you are stock or basic upgrades. But they are cheap anyways so go name brand. While you are at it you will need a clutch. The ebay ones suck. NO

+1 on the bushings. They make a world of difference.

Motor mount kit for that car is cheap too. Ploy urethane will stiffin the chassis significantly.

Bring it by brotherz racing if you get some time. I can sitg down with you and we can discuss your goals. I could definatly help you out with parts sourcing as well.

Cheers!
Billy
Www.PPETUNED.com <~~ WEBSITE
Curious on honda/acura Ecu Chipping and dyno tuning? Call or visit the website above. Hondata/Neptune/Ectune/Crome Pro. Tuning available for most other systems and platforms as well. DYNOJET
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM
FORE:sight

Coil-overs, bushings, tie rods, tires.

Z32 brakes work very well.