Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

car dosent accelerate well.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car dosent accelerate well.

My car seems to not go anywhere when I floor it in low rpms in every gear but hirgher rpms have more pull to them which is weird cus the ka24de is a more low end torque motor. When I drop the clutch the car will kinda like i guess you could say fells like the car wobbles a little back and forth or rocks whatever you want to call it, the wobble tho is from a fuel or missfire issue ect, its more like some type of force is making the car do it when the clutch is droped hard. its like the cars accellerating but not actuely going anywhere with the power. i know its stock with only cold air and exhaust n no ac but It def feels slower then befor by alot. Compression is fine, dosent feel like anything is cutting out power wise or fuel just like its not going anywhere with the acceleration but like i said higher rpms in every gear pull more than 1-5 at no, to little rpms.

Last edited by Speed cat; 05-14-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
^^^I'm with stupid

history? when did it start doing this? what changes were made?
check your tps for correct adjustment?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
SLIDING SIDEWALL

did you just put the motor in?? i doubt its it but a year ago i put a dohc ka in my old hatch and the shell was sitting a while with no hood so the fuel filter got clogged up or something and there was absolutely no pull. i put in a z32 fuel filter and it was fine

Last edited by Cliff Money; 05-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Will Drift For Tires

check your timing

Old 05-16-2008, 05:53 PM
speed cat

everything seems to be fine I have checked everything. Only thing left is the clutch/flywheel or distributer is off a tooth, only reaosn I think the distr is fineis it seem slike its firing fine just like the car isint "going" ANYWHERE. It will pull good in the morning and fine for a split second some times just feels like everything in the tranny is slipping and all the energy and motio is just lost into nowhere.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:03 PM
no

Purchase a turbo kit.

Maybe you have a vacuum leak somewhere..?

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:46 PM

One of your calipers might be grabbing I was having the same problem and thats what it was.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:23 AM
speed cat

Ill check that out. Yea I want to turbo the car but I want to resolve this issue first.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:10 AM
fails.....

So it is fine in the morning? So the problem only happens once the motor is warmed up and in the afternoon?
Check the Coolant tempt switch. That might be tweaking out.
Also, it might be fuel pump related. Have you changed out the stock one for a Walboro yet? No, it won't flood out your engine or cause rich problems or whatever. There are way too many people, including myself, driving with them everyday with no problems to worry about it.
Anyway, for some reason, dieing fuel pumps like to work better in the evening and morning when it isn't so hot. It might just be difference in the way people drive during those hours, I don't know. But it is something to consider.
Also, the power band isn't as low as you might be thinking it is. If you've put in a new clutch recently, then you are dumping off of it too hard. The old clutch would have slipped some and compensated for that, but a new one will just grab and hold on.
Beyond that, we're gonna need a little bit more detailed history.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:10 PM
speed cat

so when I drop the clutch ease out a little esier? also is it just that a new clutch dose that when you dump it or a clutch that isnt higher end that dosent have the capacity to grab fast....as in do i need a clutch made of better material and higher hp rating? i know putting a clutch in for too high a hp rating will hinder performance.