Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

wiring harness question

Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness question

ok, i need the wiring harness that contains the fusebox and headlights etc. does anyone know what this harness is called or what is the proper name for this? would it be the fuse box, headlamp harness, dash harness or what? anyone know where i can find one? im going to check into a few places i found on car-part.com.

(98 240sx SE)

Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM
ΔxΔp ≥ h

Chassis Harness?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:25 AM
DESOTO DRIFT

ya, front body harness

Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

front body or chassis harness.

i actually have one for a 95 if you want it, to hack through, but it won't just bolt into your 98, some things won't work properly.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:49 AM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

im not worried about a/c, abs, and a few other things. i mainly just need the fuseboxes since mine are missing every fuse and have spaghetti everywhere, the rest of the harness is intact...what exactly would i need to change?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:28 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Originally Posted by Doctor D
im not worried about a/c, abs, and a few other things. i mainly just need the fuseboxes since mine are missing every fuse and have spaghetti everywhere, the rest of the harness is intact...what exactly would i need to change?
if you're just missing the relays and such, you can just find out what kind they are and go get those ordered, or find a junked one. if it's all cut up and such, it might be more difficult.

You *could* just cut the harness right by the fuse box and re solder all the wiring, but there are quite a bit of wires in there, and there are duplicated colors so it's not just cut and reconnect.

if you need any of my wiring stuff, let me know. i have full 1995 harnesses for engine/tranny/behind dash/front main-body (with some clips missing here and there). i have a 97 harness but it's all hacked up from when i had a wire tuck on my car, i removed all the a/c wiring, cruise, etc etc etc, got it down to just a few wires coming out of the ECU (saved probably 5 lbs of wiring throughout the car). they are just sitting in boxes, you're welcome to take what you need since i have extra relays and such. i have both fuse boxes, from the front main and the dash one that is in the driver's footwell.

edit - i've been inside the harnesses so much on the s14, i know just about what everything does and where the wires are going if you need to trace some stuff.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

the wires are not hacked or anything, but some of the box is broken and unusable. id rather just save myself trouble and get a new fusebox intact. that seems to be the only thing wrong with the harness. so i can do each wire 1 by 1 and label since they are connected to the right spots for the most part, even if they are the same color.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
fails.....

I'd tell you to either buy dans, or to hit up the junk yard and get one... but you probably won't find too many s14s there... I've seen them, but they are few and far between....
good luck