Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR20DET Swap DVD

Old 12-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR20DET Swap DVD

Does anybody have any experience with this DVD? Just looking for opinions from anyone that has seen it....and if they think it's worth while. Is it informative or give any tips?

I've never done a motor swap and am planning on doing mine by this summer. I'm planning on doing the swap myself and subing out the harness to XAT.

Here it is: TECH. DVD's
Old 12-26-2007, 06:49 AM
i can has 30r plz?

i bought one to do my s14 sr into an s13 chassis and they're ok but they dont cover the steps as well as you think they should and just because they didnt i fried an ecu.. but i troubleshooted and fixed the short.. so yes they work but you have to have some wiring knowledge and plenty of patients... good luck
Old 12-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Electronicals master ;P

for 20 bucks dude, it cant hurt... you know?

id get it just for extra knowlegde. or do what im doing and invite everyone over for a BBQ and do it lol

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by marble hatch
i bought one to do my s14 sr into an s13 chassis and they're ok but they dont cover the steps as well as you think they should and just because they didnt i fried an ecu.. but i troubleshooted and fixed the short.. so yes they work but you have to have some wiring knowledge and plenty of patients... good luck
The DVD they sell is for an S13-to-S13 swap. I didn't see a DVD for an S14 SR motor into an S13, as you did. I'm not trying to be an ass, but could this be why you fried your ECU? I'm trying to nail down the specifics.

If there is a DVD for this particular swap, could you point me in the right direction because I'm also planning an S14 into an S13. Also, I plan on having XAT do the wiring harness modifications so it's plug-n-play for me. What other wiring is necessary beyond the harness?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 AM

s13 to s13 is pretty easy after wiring its a straight drop in pretty much there wright ups online if you search google

2002 Civic Lx Coupe - DD
1991 240sx - Project
Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 AM

www.240SXTECHDVDS.org Home Page

this guy is internet-renowned

and his "guide" (not video) is only $10 for the SR swap....

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Old 12-26-2007, 10:18 AM
No Ants Drift Member

jesus. unbolt old motor, bolt in new motor. have someone do the harness. pretty straight forward
Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Durdan
jesus. unbolt old motor, bolt in new motor. have someone do the harness. pretty straight forward

Durdan, I spoke to you at XAT about LS1 swaps and you pointed me in the direction of the SR. I got your information that day as I had already decided that you were going to do my harness mod.

I'm gearing up and was just curious how informative the swap DVD was. I don't do this for a living, in fact - I'm a swap virgin!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Project.A

I Have The Dvd Its Pretty Good

Ride(s)
Green Lightning 10r :'( Sold :'(
Project Silvia :'( Sold :'(
2002 BO Lexus Is300 Rip :'(
2003 BO Lexus IS300 Sport Design (Project Altezza)
2010 Black Louts 10r :'( Sold :'(
1996 200sx Ser gtir swap 350hp SOLD
***More to come***

Car Stereo Installer for hirecome to me for your Audio Needs!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Durdan
+1 Thats what I did. If you follow the USDM FSM you can't really go wrong. One f the mounts on the SR is slightly diff (don't recall exactly which one thinking it's the passenger side mount), so you may have to wrestle it a bit then normal to get it into place (or you can use the ones that come with the SR). Don't forget the remove the AIV and plug the port for it. You can use the stock heater hoses... just need to trim them down. Replace the belts, turbine inlet seal (this will be a bitch to do if the engine is still in the car), and DO NOT neglect to replace the oil pan even if it's just slightly dinged. Their are really only 3 vaccum lines that differ. You will need to use the KA throttle cable bracket... (slightly bend it). Be sure to replace the clutch as a minimum as well (mines was completely shot.... replace the TO bearing as well [I learned this the hardway]). I'am sure their are other minor tidbits i'am neglecting to mention