Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Electric radiator fan suggestions for a KA-T.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric radiator fan suggestions for a KA-T.

Did a search and found very little on radiator electric fans. Maybe I typed in the wrong wording. Anyways, heading to the junk yard in search of a electric fan for my s13's radiator. Besides the Nissan Altima, what fans would you guys suggest? If posable, I would like to get a single fan set up. I've heard/read the Ford Taurus fans fit great, but not sure what year to look for. What fan controls are most of you using? I'd rather not wire it to come on when the engine is on, but to come on at a set temp.
Thanks guys....
Old 02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Will Drift For Tires

i think the 95-98 taurus fans are the ones that work best.

they wire up to work exactly as the stock ones and come on at the same time but with a much higher CFM.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 AM

ill sell you mine if you want it
Old 02-06-2007, 04:53 AM
madpom

clutch fan
why fuck with somthing thats all ready the best
Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Originally Posted by steve
clutch fan
+1, upgrade the radiator if you have to, the stock fans should pull fine. 1st choice for electrics is altima fans. wire up to work like stock, same effect...just no annoying clutch fan truck noise.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 AM

yeah, nothing wrong with the stock clutch fans.
I have a e-fan for my Koyo. I bought a lil 10" fan from AE that works really good for pulling in air, but only pulls in straigh, and a 2nd one, 12" from a late 90's camero, which disperses the air around the motor.
Find any kind of fan from a domestic V-6 or V-8. They work well for them, why not 4 cylinders?
If u want mine's, ill let it go for $20.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Will Drift For Tires

Originally Posted by steve
clutch fan
because if youre going for looks or less air noise a $20-$50 altima, taurus, or other type of fan can do just as good

Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 AM

i use the flex-a-lite twin fans. i like them. the altama fans are good too. removing the mechanical fan reduces some drag on the engine and frees up a little hp.

s14a (future project)
s13 sr(404whp/348tq)
eg6 (my truck)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676406

Last edited by storey; 02-06-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 PM
has whippled VTEC

Use the taurus SHO fans.I actually have some at my house but they dont have a shroud, which I would highly recommend.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

[h=2]Cooling Your Engine [/h] by The Mechanic Next Door

There’s one sure-fire way to ruin your day, engine, reputation under the hood, and road trip this summer. It’s fast, requires virtually no effort or planning, and happens to countless drivers every day. All you have to do is let your engine overheat because of insufficient cooling.
In this instance, I’m not talking about the more common, run-of-the-mill catastrophes usually behind a cooling system failure, including broken hoses or belts, insufficient coolant level, water pump or thermostat failure, or foreign object piercing the radiator.
Less dramatic, but equally effective at causing an engine to overheat, are scenarios in which a vehicle’s cooling system can’t dissipate enough heat fast enough to prevent an overheated engine. In most cases, it’s the result of an efficiency issue, even when everything on the cooling system is working properly. In other situations, modifications designed to coax more horsepower from the engine might also require changes to the cooling system because more horsepower usually equates to more heat generated.
Here’s a look at several add-on solutions to prevent engine overheating.
Performance radiator
There’s a reason copper and brass have historically been materials of choice in vehicle radiators. Copper is great when it comes to thermal conductivity, performing 50 percent better than radiator fins made from aluminum. And brass is durable. So why are aluminum radiators becoming all the rage in high-performance engines and even among vehicle manufacturers? Weight. Aluminum radiators weigh 10 to 15 pounds less than traditional radiators. And they compensate for the reduction in their material’s thermal conductivity with increased radiator surface area and coolant capacity, design, fin spacing and even tube size.
The larger the radiator’s surface area translates to greater airflow reaching more coolant which means improved cooling capability. The limiting factor here is the amount of space you have or can create in which to shoehorn in a larger radiator.
Most radiators utilize a single-pass design – hot coolant comes in one side of the radiator, passes through, and exits out the opposite side. For increased cooling capacity, look at a dual-pass, horizontal-flow radiator. With this design, coolant passes through one half of the radiator, but instead of exiting, it then passes through the other half of the radiator, essentially making two passes instead of one.
Moving to a dual-pass radiator will probably also require a water pump upgrade because this radiator design places more demand on the pump. Which brings us to the topic of coolant speed. An aluminum radiator with larger diameter tubes is going to require an increase in the speed at which the water pump is moving coolant through the system. Your muscle car’s pulley-pump speed might have been sufficient when everything was stock from the factory, but any modifications made might now require changes to that speed and ratio.
In addition to tube size, high-performance aluminum radiators also have more fins, spaced closer together, for increased heat transfer from the coolant to the atmosphere.

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/