Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Help!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

i ran into some trouble with my new 240. it has the double cam. ok, whenever i start the car sometimes it idles rough. i try to give it a rev and it just bogs down, but not to a complete shutoff. it idles where its suposed to(800rpm). but like a said, ill give it a rev and it will go to around 2500, and then it will just bog out. i can have the pedal on the ground and it will just barely move up, not nearly as fast as it should. also the other night i drove it for a little bit (3 miles or so) and it didnt do any of the above until i got home, i noticed minor amounts of smoke coming from inbetween the fan and the block. also some coming from up under the 4th header outlet. i think there is oil leaking somewhere and it gets caught in the belts causing it to burn up and make smoke. and some leaking on the header, causing it to burn up and smoke. also it looked as though in the engine coolant container, the coolant was boiling. im not really sure what could cause any of this, but i think its somthing to do with the headgasket. anyway, if anyone can help it would be very umm, helpful? please post of somthing, thanks.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:09 PM
i wanna go fast

if ur near USF, i could take a look at it tonight. Send me a PM or use aim:

GARAGE BATTLE
Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Just me.

MAF. make sure connection to mass air flow near filter/fitler box is good.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:12 AM
No Ants Drift Member

Originally Posted by 240racer
MAF. make sure connection to mass air flow near filter/fitler box is good.

that will not make it smoke and boil its coolant
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Just me.

Originally Posted by Taylor Durden
that will not make it smoke and boil its coolant

Too true... sorry, I was reading and replying at work in between calls... just saw the part about the idle. Could actually be head gasket then....