Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

i think the hg is toast...

Old 03-14-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think the hg is toast...

Ok, to start off my g/f's 96 240 w/ 118K was running fine for a while. One day a month or so ago the water level was way down, filled it back up, noticed a little bit of white smoke, dunno if it was blue or not, cause I'm colorblind. I'd think the overheating isn't the problem as much as the coolent res didn't stay full and there was no fluid on the ground at all... I think this because when she pulled over the rad cap was barely warm and the engine sounded ok, but then again there was no coolant in the res... dunno if it's the temp sensor or plugs, tstat, or waterpump because i haven't seen anything on the ground anywhere, at her place or mine... and since it was smoking under throttle i'm assuming it's the headgasket. that being said...

Can anyone help me replace a headgasket if not what's the ballpark price to get one done in a shop? I've heard durdan prefab but I'd be looking to get this think taken care of kinda soon. I have and I can work on cars, but a head gasket involves alot of things that I could mess up and I'd like some help or if I have to, get someone to do it for me... I appreciate any help, if you can help please pm me. Thank you so much.
Kyle J