Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Alky injection

Old 11-10-2004, 10:05 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alky injection

Has anybody had any experience with alky injection on an sr? There are a lot of turbo buick guys that run it, and it's catching on in the dsm world. I've suggested that a friend with a big gt25r car go with an alky setup sold by a local guy- www.alkycontrol.com . 4sfed4 on this board just made 500 whp running 32 psi on 93 pump with one of the alkycontrol.com setups on his turbo dodge; it seems like a really well done kit with that nifty progressive controller. My friend is stuck running 18 psi high boost right now, I think it would be worth the investment to bump that Profec setting up to 25 psi .
Old 11-11-2004, 11:13 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, that's a disappointment. It never would've occurred to me that a turbo capable of 400 whp on pump gas would run out of steam at higher boost on race gas. I guess I'm accustomed to DSM world. From 16g's on to 50 trim ptes and bigger you can get good results running race gace*edit*gas and boost from around 24 psi on the Evo III 16g on up with the bigger turbos.

Ah well, I've already bugged him about nitrous in the past, and he doesn't care to run it. Other than more boost or a bit of nitrous, I can't see any ways to improve on his setup. I guess he'll just have to make do with what he's got .

*edit* Shoddy freakin post, reminds me why I should post when I'm in that "no sleep for too long" daze. Like right now, actually.

Last edited by Jordan Y.; 11-12-2004 at 05:52 PM.