Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Who is KA turbo...

Old 08-19-2004, 12:07 AM
boostmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ka-t_inmyrearview_mirror.com dot org

Kudos on the KA involvement, hope it works out.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Smaert friend. Spelling error intended.
Someone will half-ass a turbo setup, then do a motorswap rather than just get a fuel setup. Nice. And how is it supposed to put 290 to the wheels? What pressure? How can you say "it pulls pretty hard" and then a sentence later say "he can't go past 1/4 throttle"?!? Then it pulls like stock, because that shouldn't be enough throttle to spool the turbo.
This is just one of those "What the fuck are you talking about and why is your friend a fucking moron" posts. Don't mind me.
-Jeff
Wow youre a jackass.

My friend didnt choose not to do a fuel system the guy who was building his setup ran out of funds and couldnt finish the setup then bankrupted his business. Since the funds havent been there to do the injectors yet so he was forced to drive his car the way it is.

His car pulls hard for 1/4 throttle the turbo spools but he has to shift before the wastegate opens. But it still pulls harder than stock.

I dont think it will put down 290 to the wheels I said that in my post. We were told by the guy that built it that it would put 290 down. Thanks for jumping down my throat I love people who jump to conlusions.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:25 AM
lifelong learner

accelerated autosport ?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:28 AM

Yep, he still owes me 3300
Old 08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Cpt. Negative

Originally posted by boosted2
Wow youre a jackass.

My friend didnt choose not to do a fuel system the guy who was building his setup ran out of funds and couldnt finish the setup then bankrupted his business.
I didn't not un-arrogantly use mis-decisions about conclusions. Learn grammar, damn.

Since the funds havent been there to do the injectors yet so he was forced to drive his car the way it is.
So. Because a shop goes bankrupt, there is NOBODY else in Tampa that can order, or hell, even install some injectors so this guy can drive his car correctly? If the business went bankrupt, I'm assuming that your friend still has all his money, as people pay after work is completed.

His car pulls hard for 1/4 throttle the turbo spools but he has to shift before the wastegate opens. But it still pulls harder than stock.
Nice. After 5psi, the stock fuel system goes dead lean. And knowing how a t3/4 spools, the jump from 0-5psi and 5-18psi are about the same. That's some mighty good foot control.

I dont think it will put down 290 to the wheels I said that in my post. We were told by the guy that built it that it would put 290 down.
As I said before. At how many psi, and with what intended fuel system was this supposed to put "290 to the wheels" down at? When I was 1/2 way through my setup, I couldn't look at the car and say "Yea. She'll make 341 at the wheels." I guess he's a better mechanic...

Thanks for jumping down my throat I love people who jump to conlusions.
Conclusions? You didn't prove anything except your friend is more of an idiot than I initially thought. He's got the money. If he payed before getting a running car, he's purely stupid. So with the money, he can't get a working fuel setup. Nobody can order or install this, since the bankrupt psychic mechanic went away. And he's going to do a motor swap for $3000 to ease his mind about blowing a car that's missing a $500 fuel setup.
Really. I am not a jackass. Unlike some person that has posted in this thread, I know what the fuck I'm talking about.
-Jeff
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 AM

^ Ok youre right. You know your stuff give yourself a pat on the back.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:45 PM
lifelong learner

Originally posted by boosted2
Yep, he still owes me 3300

LOL, he called me up and wanted some kind of hookup on a KA ecu tune.

i told him the price and he never got back to me
Old 08-19-2004, 03:49 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Damnit dan. You get that manifold from IAP? Next time I'm in Lakeland, I'll come over and check out that oil line kit, too. PM me your number or something. I really want to check that mani out, but those bastards don't have t4 flanges on their manifold. And their downpipe is 2.5". And they powdercoat shit, and don't have a "Give me a bare manifold" option for people that want ceramic coating.
I haven't seen the quality of IAP, but from their products it looks like they *could* be good, but fall just on this side of half-assed. Why are they giving a rrfpr with a stage 2 kit? Why aren't there 2 O2 sensor bungs? Maybe I'll call and gripe to them.
-Jeff
well the manifold is still en route...or well i hope it better be. i bought it barely used and in the pics it doenst seem to be that black color they show on the website....but im going to assume it was actually just shitty paint that burnt off im going to get my stuff procoated probably the first time so i dont have to tear it down later on. i question their quality but the design is decent (brake mc clearance is pretty crappy compared to the phat ka-t mani i was going to save up for --- and still will someday), but for the deal i got on it and a 3" downpipe , i couldnt beat it and jumped at the chance. My downpipe is a 2 piece setup, and actually has a flex section in the lower portion (not required but i feel its a good safeguard), and another little goodie that i'll show you once i get it all in.

Ill PM my #, i should probably exchange with Ben so i can call him up and bother him to weld me stuffs or come help out hehe. Guess ill get spare oil pan fitting put on in the next week or two and get it out of the way...

and no T4 flange? just cut it off and put a T4 on it! lol
Old 08-19-2004, 03:54 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

GReddy does have an intercooler option, and it's a VSPL with different hotpipe.

-Jeff
just a correction that the greddy kit uses a hot pipe similar or the same as an S14 SR (routes through the stock SMIC hotpipe hole near the frame rail), and utilizes a different cold pipe setup (with i *think* 2 cast elbows and a pipe), that routes the cold pipe under the passenger side frame rail and around the battery tray much like the FMax/Turbonetics kit does.