Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Project Twice Cam Commences!!

Old 01-14-2004, 06:50 PM
HoHo's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a bunch of sohc stuffs if intrested

2640lb.
227.5 RWHP
Old 01-15-2004, 07:28 AM

I don't know if you have all that you need, but if you need anything else for the s13 "twice" cam, let me know.

Johann
Old 01-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

do you think youll be able to match Dr Evil's Ka-T in the long run or are you just going to stay in the moderate and reliable power range?

one more question. if the KA24Es are such crappy motors with head warpage and all then why do they use them in the SCCA road races?

Old 01-15-2004, 08:20 PM
THE HAMMER

SCCA road racing puts KA24DE's in a very unfavorable class against cars of much more power like the GS-R Integra

The SOHC however is against the CRX and other torqueless victims...
Old 01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
5 Foot Fury

slash hit the nail on the head with that one

ka24de is just a better design, even with portwork and what not done to the ka24e, youre not gonna make the same amount of power out of a e as a de.

now a de stroked e witht crazy high compression and the race only 300 duration cam might do some damage

but a de would be just as good if they had good cams for it.

right now my car makes more power than dr. evils car. last time i checked mine puts 102 to the wheels and his puts down, oh thats right, zero.

until its back on the road on its on power it only has the power equivalent to whats pushing / towing it.

matt

i will be basing all stuff off of a stock block and unported head.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Outta Towner :)

Don't think he meant crappy crappy. I think he meant stock for stock the "deuce cam" is more reliable while adding power. And he said that they will eventually be upgrading the internals so I'm sure that will include the "lonely cam" also haha.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

Originally posted by euro

right now my car makes more power than dr. evils car. last time i checked mine puts 102 to the wheels and his puts down, oh thats right, zero.

until its back on the road on its on power it only has the power equivalent to whats pushing / towing it.

matt

i will be basing all stuff off of a stock block and unported head.
hahaha thats true, but once was.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:15 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

not to be a dick but the silver car that came into that guy's posession was never HIS. it was all of duy's work from back in 2001 and earlier, and then it was sold to some other guy in texas. when it finally came over here, it was just beat on and run, and i dont know the whole story but it was never at it's potential it was with the original builder of the car. (5xx rwhp) it was still hot hot and super quick, but until it comes back from the dead, the credit remains with the person who built it. /hijack
Old 01-16-2004, 10:55 AM
i wanna go fast

Originally posted by dan
the credit remains with the person who built it. /hijack

and 'gas can' will be remembered not for 'being the owner of a 5xxhp silver 240 KA-T' but as 'the guy who bought duys car and blew it up cause he's a dumbass'