Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Ca18det

Old 07-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Anti-Flag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ca18det

Yea , SR20 is better so says many people . The CA is just as strong and for what I want is good . Especially the price

Is there documented CA wiring stuff around anywhere ? I'm getting a complete Engine harness adn ECU with it . plus the little misc stuff like MAF and what not .

This is just going to be running bolt ons . FMIC , DP , Intake , Exhaust , 12-14psi on probally a BB T28 .

Strictly drift type powerband setup . If I could get the complete motor/tranny set w/ everything for around 1200-1300 you think its worth it ?

I wanna make a real Sil-Eighty might as well use the right motor

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 07-23-2003, 10:50 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

this thread has come up many times, do a search for ca18 and see what you find. I had asked the same question, and I was convinced to get an SR (t-minus 10 days) In the end you spend the same amount to make the same power. (maybe a little more with the CA)

< < < < < PANDA FINGA!! > > > > >
Old 07-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Anti-Flag

I did a search and didn't really come up with the info I wanted . Hence why I asked specific question about wiriing help/sites .

I just dont know how this thing is gonna be wired . Everythign else I already know . It has VG30DET Combustion chambers and valves adn stuff .

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 07-23-2003, 12:12 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Martin...to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Old 07-23-2003, 12:22 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Default Re: Ca18det

Originally posted by AW11Drifter
I wanna make a real Sil-Eighty might as well use the right motor

Ok man, dont take this the wrong way becasue i am not trying to flame you as a person...but where the heck did you get that little nugget of mis-information?

The "real" Sil-80 was SR20DET powered. less than 500 were sold in japan. there are various storyies on who made them. some say they were actually produced adn sold new by Nissan JP. others say that they rolled off the production line as 180sx and modified by an outside company to have the silvia bodywork. this company was authorized by Nissan to do the work, and the cars were sold as new at select Nissan JP dealerships. not sure which of these stories is true...but i am DAMN sure that it was SR powered.

180sx was sold with the SR in it from 91 to 98. silvias were much more common, and so it became easier to wreck your 180sx front end drifting...and then go to the salvage yard and pick a Silvia for repacement bodypanels. cheaper and easier to get....hence the popularity among the drift crowd. Nissan acknowledged the phenomenon and sold the limited edition Sil-80 described above. now if you have a 89-90 RS13 and want to do the period correct motorswap (ca18det) and then do a sil-80 conversion. you will have a sil-80....but dont imply it is a "real" sil-80. becasue the only offical sil-80's ever sold were SR.

Scott

Last edited by Enthalpy; 07-23-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:22 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

only way i'd ever get a ca is if i planned on making >500 hp... otherwise the sr will be cheaper and easier.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by saggleman
only way i'd ever get a ca is if i planned on making >500 hp... otherwise the sr will be cheaper and easier.
again...Where do you people get this stuff...Please justify your reasons Saggleman?

if you look at the Official Tuner Power Rankings from japan you will see very few (if any) tuners building the CA. and you will see alot of tuners making 800+ HP on SR's. I dont mind if this is your motor of choice...but dont come on here spewing that sewage, and expect to not get called on it.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Anti-Flag

I'm just thinking SilEighty as only having the front end not the motor .

Don'ty worry I dont really care about being period corect with my car or anythign . Just a cool little drift car .

I dont see how an SR will be cheaper if I can get a complete CA for 1200 shipped . Thats gotta be physically impossible . I was going to ask Martn but didn't he use an E6K on his TO4E CA ?

I'll ask him soon though . O rmaybe he could reply here

Old 07-23-2003, 12:32 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

good point. unless they had a 180 with a CA and wrecked, then added the silvia panels........maybe thats what he means..

just a thought..
(on the other side, a sil80 should have an SR, it just seems wrong not to.)

< < < < < PANDA FINGA!! > > > > >
Old 07-23-2003, 02:10 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

Originally posted by Enthalpy
again...Where do you people get this stuff...Please justify your reasons Saggleman?

if you look at the Official Tuner Power Rankings from japan you will see very few (if any) tuners building the CA. and you will see alot of tuners making 800+ HP on SR's. I dont mind if this is your motor of choice...but dont come on here spewing that sewage, and expect to not get called on it.
sorry... damn. i looked into this topic as well, and i was told that the ca18 was cheaper to get into the big baller hp numbers, and would be more durable at said hp numbers (because of the iron block, etc) however, i can't imagine putting a four banger into >500 hp bracket... and there are very few tuners building ca's because there are very few ca's, compared to the relatively abundant sr... but whatever. obviously i have no idea what i'm talking about. sorry i tried to add to the discussion here.