Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

over heating problems. need help, please.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUCH_S13
so my 98' RS was running hot. i replaced the radiator cap last week wednesday and it was fine till this morning when it started to run hot again. it gets hot when i am a full stop. it cool's back down when i start moving again.

any idea's on what it could be? any posative input will help me out. please and thank you.

p.s. i know how some of us TR people are so i'm sorry for any bad spelling. thank you.

check the fans radiator hoses thermostat and water pump depending on if its still running hot i have a radiator in my garage lmk if you need it
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM
AWD all the way

How bout coolant?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by bronxsoldier813
check the fans radiator hoses thermostat and water pump depending on if its still running hot i have a radiator in my garage lmk if you need it
it's still acting funny, how much do you want for that radiator?

i've been adding 50/50 coolent mix every 3days or less, it takes about 3 cups. LMAO! It sounds stupid!!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Ok, then you need to find out where you're losing that coolant, not buy a new radiator.

Drive in the garage, or if you dont have a garage then get a bunch of newspaper or cardboard and drive over it. Turn the car on, and let it get hot to the point that the gauge just starts rising over the middle. Quickly check for drips under the car. Turn the car off, check some more. Listen to all the different hoses for bubbling or hissing. Poke and wiggle the hoses to see if they are secure. Stick your head next to the passenger side of the engine, there are a bunch of heater hoses and the FIAV hose there(at least on a 4g63). Check the lower drivers side of the radiator, the stop-cock may be damaged or loose. Check the inside of the car under the dashboard for wetness (heater core).

look, listen, and smell lol and you will find it...
Old 10-07-2010, 12:38 PM

there aren't alot of hose's on the 420's that are clumped together, their pretty seperated.
theres two that come off the thermostat housing (the big one that goes to the radiator and the tiny one that goes to hardpipes), theres one that comes off the bottom of the radiator that goes to the pipe coming off the water pump that seperates to a smaller hose that goes to hardpipe that is shared with the one coming off the thermostat housing. those two hardpipes go to your heater core houses.

OMGOSH is right tho. that is a good identification process. but definitly try to find the exact cause of your water loss otherwise buying a radiator could prove to be a waste of money.

and have you eliminated the fat that it could be your sensor? I doubt it is because it consecutively does it at a stop and not at random times.

Originally Posted by SayWhaa?
guess some of the guys shes sleeping with isnt too good with the whole pull out method..
Originally Posted by evlonedb
someone needs to tell her its a vagina,not a clown car!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 AM

^^^^ word!!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM

good luck man

Originally Posted by SayWhaa?
guess some of the guys shes sleeping with isnt too good with the whole pull out method..
Originally Posted by evlonedb
someone needs to tell her its a vagina,not a clown car!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 AM
howie

get a pressure test done and point out your leaks. pretty simple
Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 PM

$50 for radiator call me 4048954937