Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/)
-   -   over heating problems. need help, please. (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/689254-over-heating-problems-need-help-please.html)

OUCH_S13 10-04-2010 05:45 AM

over heating problems. need help, please.

:mad: so my 98' RS was running hot. i replaced the radiator cap last week wednesday and it was fine till this morning when it started to run hot again. it gets hot when i am a full stop. it cool's back down when i start moving again.

any idea's on what it could be? any posative input will help me out. please and thank you.

p.s. i know how some of us TR people are so i'm sorry for any bad spelling. thank you.

Kris_Mirage 10-04-2010 07:08 AM

Did you replace the thermostat? Have you verified that the fans turn on? Seems like it is most likely the fans since it cools back down after you start driving. But I would replace the thermostat just for peace of mind, If you haven't already.

omgosh 10-04-2010 07:42 AM

Overheating always comes down to flow (air and coolant) or pressure (leaks). Check the fans first. Park on top of some paper/cardboard and check for drips..

lancerman 10-04-2010 09:51 AM

radiator not working efficiently enough. could be flowing poorly on inside. or fans arent doing their job

kb-kustoms 10-04-2010 12:26 PM

i had thye same problem i replaced the cap and the thermostat and that didnt work so i bought a mishimoto radiator and that fixed it been running cool ever since!

x8psycho8x 10-04-2010 07:50 PM

start with fans. thats the most basic thing to check since it's only at a stop. If the fans are working next step will be the radiator.

wish you luck.

OUCH_S13 10-05-2010 05:00 AM

the thermostat is removed. today on the ride to work. it got to half way. then was i was driving it droped all the way to the "C"! both fans kick on. i'm thinking it might be the radiator or maybe the coolent temp. sensor?? any more input would help me out alot!

@physco... i work a half day tomorrow where do you stay at? maybe we can link up?
NO HOMO! lol

x8psycho8x 10-05-2010 08:30 AM

i'm stranded in texas so dont think it'll happen, i'll be back this weekend sometime. But i'm in the westchase area about 5 minutes from citrus park mall.

I doubt it's the coolant sensor tho. Without that it'd be a little hard to start and you'd be running rich. I'm sureit varies on cars but when i hard to drive with mine unplugged my car ran so fucking rich it wasn't hard to tell.

OUCH_S13 10-05-2010 10:10 AM

have fun texas. i'm in palm harbor, so i'm about 10-15min away from westchase. i have to work this weekend, but text me when get home.

x8psycho8x 10-05-2010 08:26 PM

will do. send me your number again lol

if you have any questions just text me cause I don't have alot of computer access here
813-507-9821