Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

4g Dsm

Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 AM
420a Do it UR-selfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4g Dsm

Havent seen anyone talk about the new eclipse. What do you guys think about it? I personally love it, test drove it and was amazed. That MIVEC is fast! And they look so cool ral futuristic.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 AM
back in a 4g63

its not a dsm. but id like to go for a ride one time, and see just how fast it is. i dont really like the way they look though.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 AM
no comment

i think its horrible. everything about it. the look, the motor, the price. at least its better than the 2000-2004's though. the eclipse died in my eyes in 99. maybe one day mitsu will come to thier senses and start putting the 4g64 in an eclipse with body stylings similar to the early 90's t/e/l's. imagine the evo guts in a new style awd eclipse. id get one without a doubt. but im sure if mitsu thought that they could make money on that they would. jmo
Old 04-07-2007, 11:59 AM
TR Shop Mod

They look like someone took a 2g and a 3g and crashed them together.
I would like to see what one can do with all wheel drive on the 6cyl.

I know the 4g64 was in the 2000 eclipses. The wife had one. That is a SOHC motor. 2.4 liter slow ass piece of junk.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 PM
BoostAddict

Yeah, I'm not a really big fan of the 4G either, although the HKS outfitted one, didn't look too bad. Certainly doesn't hurt to have a nice 4G63T from the Evo's, under the hood though either. Couple that with the AWD and the nice sized FMIC that it was fitted with. Then you have a beast, that looks somewhat decent.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 PM
420a Do it UR-selfer

well i was hearing news about mitsubishi making a ralliart version of the 4G, and this time not just putting wheels and stickers on it. I heard they were thinking of putting the 4g63 and AWD in it. but that was just a concept. It looked sweet! Red and black.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:24 AM
HP does not = IQ#

Default Dsm?

Originally Posted by MITSUracer
Havent seen anyone talk about the new eclipse. What do you guys think about it? I personally love it, test drove it and was amazed. That MIVEC is fast! And they look so cool ral futuristic.
Ok read very closely future readers!!
DSM-Diamond Star Motors stop making the eclipse motors in 99 so anything after the make of 99 is no longer a "DSM"

thank you

Driver Swag > Driver mod
FabThis<---Click This
Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
HP does not = IQ#

Originally Posted by cyloc
They look like someone took a 2g and a 3g and crashed them together.
I would like to see what one can do with all wheel drive on the 6cyl.

I know the 4g64 was in the 2000 eclipses. The wife had one. That is a SOHC motor. 2.4 liter slow ass piece of junk.
hahah slow until you turbo it i can push 16psi on a good tune and stock internals....what car can you say do that?

i have a friend doing an awd conversion. he already put the evo dohc head on it pushing well over 300whp after conversion he's looking close to 600awhp if you don't believe me go to MitsuOAFL Homepage his name is rob

i have a nearly stock eclipse with the heavy wing and lip kit waxing the doors off these rice burner civics. as soon as the clutch is done i'm racing my buddy with a fully built civic Si and we'll see where i stand.

sorry if i came off strong but i love my 3g. turbo us with a dohc head swap and we are unstoppable.

Driver Swag > Driver mod
FabThis<---Click This
Old 04-08-2007, 06:30 AM
no comment

Originally Posted by cyloc

ya my bad on the engine code. but i thought that the evo's code was the 4g64t????????? but obviously i was wrong. so the evo is 4g63t just like my 93 tsi? just want to clarify this before i talk shit about how sick the new 4g64 is if it doesnt exist in the evolution. but no, i would never hype up the sohc 2.4 in the 2000-2004 eclipses. as i said earlier, not a fan of those things.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:54 AM
BoostAddict

Originally Posted by MITSUracer
well i was hearing news about mitsubishi making a ralliart version of the 4G, and this time not just putting wheels and stickers on it. I heard they were thinking of putting the 4g63 and AWD in it. but that was just a concept. It looked sweet! Red and black.
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Pretty cool car.

In regards to "DSM" folding in '99,....technically, they folded before that. People just associate the 2G turbos as DSM's, because they share the 4G63T, were manufactured from the same plant, etc.