Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

fuckin car !

Old 02-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Well Hot Damn !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine and bryans ahve been runnign fine for a good 7 months w/o recircualtion it and we decided with tax refund money were are going to get some form if air flow computers but its running fine right now a little rich then again its been running rich sincethe exhaust was put on i just need ot tkae my car somewhere and get it totally checked out lol have them make me a list of whats wrong with it

Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by *SoSimple*GSX
possibly another dumb comment im learing here ...with my bov i cant recirculate it
Time to get a 1g bov and adapter to fit on your 2g and circulate it. Like I said venting it is no good without the supporting mods. Some dsm's can get away with removing the tube and capping it off on the intake tube and venting it without any problems... but most have stumbled.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:55 PM

The check engine light is there for some reson. Insted of "I think its from second o2 sensor' go to auto zone or somewhere like that to have it checked lol ;D

And read that too
Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 PM

I don't think its the ISC... Idle Speed Controller. When mine was bad... my idle went crazy... up and down up and down from normal idle to like 1500-2000 rpm.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Radek
The check engine light is there for some reson. Insted of "I think its from second o2 sensor' go to auto zone or somewhere like that to have it checked lol ;D

And read that too
or break out the Datalogger or find someone who has one to read it out on a 2g most people do this when their check engine light is triggered... find trouble codes, etc. Lovely little tool... wish I kept mine.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Infinite limitz

Originally Posted by *SoSimple*GSX
mine and bryans ahve been runnign fine for a good 7 months w/o recircualtion it and we decided with tax refund money were are going to get some form if air flow computers but its running fine right now a little rich then again its been running rich sincethe exhaust was put on i just need ot tkae my car somewhere and get it totally checked out lol have them make me a list of whats wrong with it
You ever been to sidewinders? They could tell you, there great with DSM cars its there specialtys. I do see what the difference between a 1g, 2nd gen, and 3rd gen DSM would be on wether you should recirculate it or not. I guess i just dont know why venting it would be a problem?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

What bov are you using?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Peon on steroids!

true, when the ISC breaks, it usually causes idle surges, or just insanely high idle(3000RPMs) but it could concievably get stuck at low RPM, causing a stalling problem, I personally agree it would be the venting problem as the most likely culprit
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM

if you want a 1 g BOV i have one for sale and its on a hard pipe also pm if you want to get it
Old 02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Make sure your BOV isn't leaking at idle. That could cause it. What kind of BOV is it?

You could always go to a GM MAF-T setup running in blow-through mode. This places the MAF after the blowoff valve, making the car run almost trouble-free with a vented BOV. Goes along well with your desire to get a fuel control device- you can tune with the MAF-T.