Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

need some advice from some dsm owners

Old 04-07-2005, 04:26 AM
wags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice from some dsm owners

hey guys hows it going im selling my supra and im getting a 97 gsx with a brand new motor and i wanted to get some tips for the first mods i should get done when i get it and wanted to find out if anyone lives in sarasota or close that i could talk to and ish well thanks alot.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I live in bradenton and will be at the track tonight.
Here is a great place to buy parts from and a good upgrade path to follow. http://www.buschurracing.com/upgrade.html
These cars are real easy to make fast but dont take short cuts. It will bite you in the end.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:41 AM

Tom posted a good link, there are many other sites out there that are very helpful. For example, www.vfaq.com will answer alot of the questions you may have in case something goes wrong. Then you might want to check out www.tampabaydsm.com (click on Bulletin boards afterwards). These are local forums and they are very helpful (many would say more helpful than these forums are). Anyways, good luck with your purchase (the only other thing I'd do is have someone that's had a dsm before help you check out that car...you never know). Good luck.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:21 AM
call me Gangsta boo

Just read alot! I spend most of my time on www.dsmtuners.com but there is also a lot of helpfull information on www.dsmtalk.com
Old 04-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally Posted by Phat95Talon
Just read alot! I spend most of my time on www.dsmtuners.com but there is also a lot of helpfull information on www.dsmtalk.com

Be care of what you read on either of those sites.
There is alot of mis-information on them.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Goodbye thanks 4 the fish

dsmtalk sux nuts. bunch of wankers.

04GSXR
96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:35 AM

just do alot of research & do not take shortcuts as stated above. these car will last a long time as long as it has been very well maintained.

when you say it has a new engine, why does it have a new engine? give us some details on the car and price and whatnot.

Kevin *Slo Si* 9/13/06 RIP! You will be missed! Godspeed!

We will miss you Pablo. Take care man. 1!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 88supramkIII
hey guys hows it going im selling my supra and im getting a 97 gsx with a brand new motor and i wanted to get some tips for the first mods i should get done when i get it and wanted to find out if anyone lives in sarasota or close that i could talk to and ish well thanks alot.
ha ha ha welcome to the fast side... good choice.....

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
wags

thanks alot guys im hoping to get it soon in like the next month the guy im buying it from is a mechanic and a family friend so hes maintained it well hes putting a brand new motor in it for me for free because he knows i wanna make it crazy fast i talked to a dsm person earlier today and he said go with the first gen engine? i know hes wright from what i ahve been reading let me know if the 2nd gen one will work fine or whats up thanks alot guys.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 AM
.:DSM:.

1st gen = 6bolt 4g63
2nd gen = 7bolt 4g63

6 bolt is better if your going to do an engine swap anyways. Plus u dont have to worry about crankwalk, not that thats a big deal anyways.

Quick Reply: need some advice from some dsm owners