Local Events Local Events and forum meets happening in the Central florida / Tampa / St Pete area.

Scheduled rice burning

Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
FireMedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still so much lolz in this thread.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM

people like you make me wish stupid people didn't have kids
Old 07-07-2009, 08:56 PM
FireMedic

^i can watch this gif all day long.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
fake it til ya make it!

this thread is funny.. common, domestics CAN'T compete with imports on road courses!!! haha
I'm sick of seeing this same shit over and over on TR! The guy is trying to make a call out to ANY import or whoever and it gets turned into a debate over road courses and drag racing..WHY? He is talking about an 1/8th mile drag race, not calling out those who auto cross or anything else.
People clearly hear what they want to hear..
*and i'm not a mustang mark..
Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Never Follow!

Originally Posted by GingersRPeople2
^i can watch this gif all day long.
+100000!!!!!

Enough of the bs. Lets see some people racing at the event.

2004 Tupperware Mobile- DD Duty
1987 Toyota Supra- Hardtop and a swap. (In Progress)
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa- Gone but not forgot.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
LOL! Well if you REALLY want to get into road racing and that comparison, driver skill aside (which will actually be the GREATER determining factor - NOT the car) of which car is better will greatly depend upon the speed of the track. So on a fast course your stock S2000 is going to get its feces pushed in from said mustang or latest iteration camaro. And God forbid if there's a 03/04 Cobra (yup thats a mustang too) there. You'll be picking up your headlights after the hot lap session...

As to your assinine comment of your Z (and I quote) "..faster than any domestic in a straight line or curves..." You sir are an imbicile of first rate proportions if you believe a word of that pubescent drivel. Any corvette after '98 will rape you. Any of the STSV or CTSv, any of the new age GTO's, the new camaro, any of the SRT6, 8, or 10 series sans the pickup. There is ALWAYS someone faster - ALWAYS. Shit a 1990 vette would have zero problems with your Z on a straight line or the curves. ZR1s weren't made in just the late 2000s...

Lastly in closing, from your comment about driving an 11 second 1/4 mile car being "easy," I can easily deduce you have never actually driven anything with more than 200hp or tq. Go try launching on said track with anything over 300tq (much less 400rwtq/hp needed to run 11s) off idle and see what happens. Then try doing it in a car that weighs 2 tons.
i said any domestic under 40k, obviously a 60k+ dollar car will walk my 24k one, reading>you.

but the cars you named? many of them would be a fair game drivers race against a z. but anyway...

ive launched my z and it has 255whp from the factory, i ran a mid 13, could have done better. also have driven my old 400hp camaro i built when i was a kid and a friends 300whp dsm. really, i promise, its not THAT difficult. also working on a turbo mustang project. holy shit, someone that doesnt have his head up his ass about one region of cars? hell the only reason i havent tried european is that i cant afford them lol.

this is what pisses me off most about fanboys, no one can see the potential and power some cars have cuz they are so caught up in the import vs. domestic debate. truth be told euro cars embarass both sides, japanese cars tend to handle better but many of them can hold their own on a straight line too. (evos, sti's, supras, z's, etc). american cars are mostly built for straight line racing save for the top dollar ones (cobras, corvettes, gt40's, etc).

get your heads out of your asses and appreciate a car for a car and what it was built to do...
Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

To separate the real men from the boys,
and to separate people who can DRIVE from
people who can only stab it and steer it
from a roll........

How about a putup or shutup event where both
contestants run the entire length of the track in reverse!
By gosh, that'l show you who's got the real testacles! -Bob

....don't try this at home, folks.......

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 07-08-2009, 05:03 AM
VQ35DE 6MT Sport

All this bullshit makes me want to go.

StricKly MT
Old 07-08-2009, 06:09 AM
12 second club

Originally Posted by 6speedwonder
i said any domestic under 40k, obviously a 60k+ dollar car will walk my 24k one, reading>you.

but the cars you named? many of them would be a fair game drivers race against a z. but anyway...

ive launched my z and it has 255whp from the factory, i ran a mid 13, could have done better. also have driven my old 400hp camaro i built when i was a kid and a friends 300whp dsm. really, i promise, its not THAT difficult. also working on a turbo mustang project. holy shit, someone that doesnt have his head up his ass about one region of cars? hell the only reason i havent tried european is that i cant afford them lol.

this is what pisses me off most about fanboys, no one can see the potential and power some cars have cuz they are so caught up in the import vs. domestic debate. truth be told euro cars embarass both sides, japanese cars tend to handle better but many of them can hold their own on a straight line too. (evos, sti's, supras, z's, etc). american cars are mostly built for straight line racing save for the top dollar ones (cobras, corvettes, gt40's, etc).

get your heads out of your asses and appreciate a car for a car and what it was built to do...
When was the last time you saw anyone pay 40+ for a 2000 vette? Last I checked they were going for around 15k. C5z's for 20k. Shit I've seen people pick up used c6z's for 40k!!!

More importantly, who gives a damn what it costs! THAT sir is RICER TALK!

I really dont give 2 shits if you drive a toyota, a ford, or a fucking segway. However when someone like yourself spouts off about things they know absolutely nothing about, I speak up.

Any idiot can drive down the 1320, but it actually takes driver skill to drive the car to its full potential and doing so becomes increasingly more difficult as one goes up in hp/tq, something you apparently missed. To take a page from your ricer book, "comprehension > you"

And btw mid 13s isn't just slow, it is retartedly slow!

So please do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up and actually go to the event. THAT will get you more credit than spouting off like a ricer here in response to a tongue in cheek post by the OP.

1990 Toyota 4Runner
8.8 kW RMS of Sonic Fun!!
159.9 @ 57hz

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 07-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ruler
I want to see if anyone will step up to the plate. Bring these fast mythical imports you speak of. I dont think they exist. This is a callout not a chill and be nice thread. Find some people to show up. Il even help them get a 5dollar off admission just to see them show.
You guys are all keyboard cowboys talking about other people cars.

I dont know many import enthusiasts on this site. Most of what I have encountered is either rice or trash.
How am I trolling? I started this thread. Dont like it, go to one of your cry baby ricer threads and whine there.

Do you really have no cars that will step up to shut me up. I am not even particularly fast.
You guys are all talk and that wont beat me on the 17th.
Get me 5 bucks off I would love to bring my slow ricer import

Quick Reply: Scheduled rice burning