Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

01 CR-V Misfire Cyl 1 and Random Misfire need advice what to do next

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 CR-V Misfire Cyl 1 and Random Misfire need advice what to do next

My fiancés 2001 Honda CR-V started misfiring just randomly leaving work one day (not gradually). I replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap, distributor rotor, and the wires are less then 6 months old. I pulled the wires while it was running and only Cylinder 1 didn’t make a change to the idle when pulled, all other’s made drastic changes to the idle. Now there is spark coming from the wife when connecting it back to the plug (I did this at night so the sparks were blue). So if it is not the wire what else could cause Cylinder 1 to misfire like this? I know it may also be the reason for the other OBDII codes I was getting when I scanned it. Also when the AC is on the car starts to knock a lot as if it is not getting enough gas (which I am sure it’s because Cylinder 1 is not firing right. Any help or suggestions would be great I just moved to Brandon from Tampa and most of the people I know refuse to drive to Brandon lol go figure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201500[/ATTACH]

Last edited by CRVblackonblack; 09-14-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Grammer