Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

im new to the honda game! Can i get some help?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 AM
puņeta!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im new to the honda game! Can i get some help?

alright so i got a 1991 civic wagon. it needs some tlc but in good shape. i got some questions. you guys can give me some info would b great. it has single cam engine 5 speed and im def gonna need suspension. were can i get the suspension? eventually i want to upgrade to a bigger motor. what motor its best for the car and year? tranny? computer? etc. for now all im gonna do is suspension, civi joints, maybe new axle bearings, rims and tires and a general tune up for now. ill post up pics soon i just got the car last nite as a bday present. it would b great to get some info on experienced honda owners so i kno how to go forth on my little toy. thanks tr hope to hear some good input
Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 AM

Awesome! Congrats on the Wagovan- i just picked up my third one.

Any suspension from a Civics 88-00 will work, just do research before you buy. There are forums like Hondacivicwagon.com will good information.

There are limitless motor upgrade options.

Here's inspiration

700hp Single cam d series
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 AM
puņeta!

jizzed in my pants!!!! lol good looking out im def posting pics up soon. i just picked up some bbs wheels. thank you
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 AM
crx hatch sedan

Here's a wagon I recently put together for a customer it might give you some ideas

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...-ef-wagon.html
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 AM

I love the wago-vans. Im looking to pick one up as a DD.

If it were me I would probably just throw a b18b1 ("Ls" motor) or a B20 (Crv motor) into it and call it a day and just cruise. If you wanted to get deeper into motor stuff I would recommend a LS/B20 vtec for a little more power; you put a GSR ,B16 or Type R Head onto the b20/ls block. I think your off to a good start though, just fix all the little things wrong with it (TLC-wise) and enjoy the wago-van

For suspension I would just browse TR's Honda/Acura F/s and pick up some used good suspension goodies, or there are 100's of shops to browse online. Try jhpusa.com thats where I got all of my suspension stuff.

Last edited by SloCivic; 02-13-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 PM

Alot of people want to throw twin cam b-series, i say go d-series or k. B series have been done and i think are over done. I mean since you are new to the game, going from a single cam 1.5 non vtec to a b16 1.6 twin cam you would feel quit a difference and have fun. If your on a budget thats the way to go, complete obd0 b16 swap. i like to build huge horsepower single cams if you wanna have a little more horse right now id throw a z6 head on convert to obd1, its a really easy swap and you can find hundreds of write ups on it. Suspension 88-00, for upgrades, or you can go after market. I'm a big Tein fan for suspension.
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #210
Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm cooler than you

^^This is the most contradicting post ever.^^

Not to mention poor advice.

Honda-Tech > TampaRacing

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #666

All motor 1.8L: 201/140 More coming soon

I mount an balance 24" tires for $40 each.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 AM
puņeta!

koo i got new cv joints and axles. hole new tune up kit.(wires,plugs,cap,rotor,oil,filters, etc). im gonna start there. i already got some bbs wheels. im gonna wait to put the wheels on cause of the suspension is shot. thats gonna b my next project springs and shocks. i want to save up some cash and mayb just rebuild this engine (seals timin belt, pulleys etc) it has over 200k but it dont smoke dont knock, it drives pretty good for having that many miles on it ohh and it has a/c and the heat works. ima keep looking on tr for parts as well as advice. thank you guys ill keep updates
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
crx hatch sedan

You should start a build thread
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 AM
puņeta!

good idea thanks

Quick Reply: im new to the honda game! Can i get some help?