Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Two things i learned saturday...

Old 03-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Moon Equipped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the autocross:

1. i need better brakes
2. i need less understeer

All i really need help on is #1 since i got an ITR sway and new tires on the way and perhaps a tiebar as well to remedy #2...

I am currently runnin Hawk HPS on the front and stock on the rear. Still on stock (original) fluid and rotors.

My rotors are lookin pretty worn..thinkin i might upgrade to the brembo blanks or powerstops. anyone know a good place to get either of these?

Also i want a bit more bite out of my pads i think theyre too street for me..i may go for the HP+ Hawks. anyone have experience with these?

I am really encouraged to get this stuff done now..autox = cool. thought i did fairly well for a bone stock car and a newbie driver but theres always room for improvement.

Any help u could give would be appreciated. thanks-- john
Old 03-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Im running HPS pads/Brembo blanks up front and stock pads/rotors in the rear and Ive got no problem with them. As for the autocross not really sure how you could say the pads suck from that you rarely use the brakes and when you do its at such a low speed and the runs are so short youll never encounter fade.

Old 03-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Moon Equipped

I didnt say they sucked i just think theyre a little soft is all...not much noticable bite over stock from what ive seen so far.
Old 03-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by b16aRacer
I didnt say they sucked i just think theyre a little soft is all...not much noticable bite over stock from what ive seen so far.
???
Did you break them in properly? Its quite a step up from stock.
Anyways if youre not happy with the HPS you could always upgrade to HP+ or switch over to Carbotechs Panther line of pads. Im looking at getting a set of Carbotech rear pads since I liked them on the Miata.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Moon Equipped

I didnt get a chance to...i wanted to have the 22mm on in time but it didnt work out that way. Its all good at least now i have a baseline to start at bonestock vs. other.

I am going to do something about the 26mm front soon though...bald tires + big front/small rear sway = understeerin like a hoe. I was barely able to get the back end to come around even with late braking and throttle lift off.

I will probly go for the HP+ front pads after a few more autoxs just so i have them on for the track day in may. Maybe ill go for the HPSs on the backs as well.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:59 AM

check groupbuycenter.com they usually have good deals on rotors. i got a pair of brembo crossed drilled/ slotted rotors for like 65 a piece. just call the place selling them and theyll usually send them out right away so u dont have to wait for the end of the groupbuy.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:04 PM

try ebay for the rotors. i got a set of brembo crossdrilled for 140 front and rear
Old 03-25-2002, 03:53 PM

I have a ? for Track racing such as this my friends and I race in neighborhoods that dont haev houses built yet just curved street and nothing but dirt surounding it ( very good place since the road is new ) and whats the best way to eliminate understeer on a front wheel drive? I have front and rear strut bars do I need to stiffn the front or the back? everything else is setup for this ( like my Brakes )

14.729 @ 94.79
60' 2.424 ( Pep-Boys Tires!! )