Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

ls/vtec compression test. am i leaking???

Old 03-18-2002, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was losing alot of oil so i did a compression test on my ls/vtec 93 ls block with b16a1 head and 10.6:1 usdm type r pistons which puts me right about 11:1
my compression test was 150150145150
they are all very close but is this the right lbs for this setup? or should i be at like 180 or what???

what should an 11:1 ls/vtec compreesion test come out to??
i got about 150 but is this right???? i think im getting some blow by. if not it must be my valve seals. HELP!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:32 PM
BRT OVERKILL

Like I told you j an ITR is 270 and you are running higher comp thus you should be above that hell mine is at 190. I told you when the block was bored to MAX spec you get blow-by w/out overbored rings. Your cylinders are probably out of round too. I will bring my crap to your house and check it when you get it apart. Then you can get the block bored over .5 and get oversized rings. No more smoke. End of story.

Only babies drink from bottles...
Boosted 00 Si
N/A 93 HB b16/18
Old 03-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by letsrollagn
Like I told you j an ITR is 270 and you are running higher comp thus you should be above that hell mine is at 190. I told you when the block was bored to MAX spec you get blow-by w/out overbored rings. Your cylinders are probably out of round too. I will bring my crap to your house and check it when you get it apart. Then you can get the block bored over .5 and get oversized rings. No more smoke. End of story.
Not familiar with 2qk4us buildup but you make it sound as though he bored it out a bit to clean up the sleeves and then failed to use oversized rings eh?
Pretty simple way to tell just do a wet-test. Basically a compression test but you put add a little bit of oil to each cylinder to seal things up. If the compression numbers come back higher then youve found the culprit.
Have fun sounds like someone funked up during the build-up.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:54 AM

yes hmm.... wonder who that coulda been????? hehe
(not me btw)