Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

lsvtec fuel stumble!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsvtec fuel stumble!!!

the problem is that when i start my car and drive away as soon as the rpms hit 2000 it seems like it hits a cut off and the idel drops back down to 1000 or when u leave the car in neutral and rev the motor it does the same thing but inder hard/moderate exceleration it wont do it for some reason/ also after the idel drops i do not have any throttle response unless i press the pedal down like and inch and then it surges forward
the car ran fine untill my friend and i corrected the timing issue and realized the IAC was never hooked up/ we corrected that also but ive had nothing but problems with it since
any advice or insight will be appreciated

so my lsvtec i think isnt getting the rite fuel pressure to the fuel rail and ive in stalled a new fuel pump/filter and siphon in the tank.also ive replaced the throttle cable and cable stay
also i thought that it mite be the tps so i bought a new one from omni power and intatlled it and the problem remains/ i also noticed i dont have a block breather on the back of my block could this be the problem
_thanks
5TH GEN. CIVIC CREW MEMBER #26

:eg coupe b20z/gsr trans
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Rick James bitch

Recently Iv had a real funny situation. Car ran great untill it tried to go into boost. Once it hit atmospheric pressure (0) the fuel pressure would go all over the place. We tried everything but, in the end the fuel line from fuel filter to rail was getting a pocket inside and would restrict the fuel.
If you feal it is a fuel issue I would get a gauge on it so you know what the fuel pressure is and then trouble shoot the car. It could be a bunch of things like plug wires rotor etc etc.
TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member #14

T & C Racing

What VP Race fuel's should we carry?

FT Crew Mascot lol
Gotta love my hater fan club. I love the fact people worry about me 24/7 Ill never be forgotten. I love you guys.....

Last edited by sprjit22; 04-07-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 AM

Ran fine, changed timing and hooked up the disconnected IAC and it stopped running right?
You seemed to have treated the problem with everything but what made sense. I'd start with IAC.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:05 AM

thanks guys i also thought it might be the fpr but il get a gauge and see what kind of pressure i have (whats the useual psi for the fuel rail?)

Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 AM

No sense in making sense, right? I'd just go ahead a swap out the block for one with a breather on it. I think you were on to something there.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 AM

ive got another ls complete motor but its in my other car i just bought and it needs to be rebuilt can t i take the breather off that block and put it on mine?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Rick James bitch

the breather on the block isnt going to make it stumble but, to answer your question yes you can swap it from other block. They are a little diff from pre 96 and post 96 if Im not mistaken
TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member #14

T & C Racing

What VP Race fuel's should we carry?

FT Crew Mascot lol
Gotta love my hater fan club. I love the fact people worry about me 24/7 Ill never be forgotten. I love you guys.....
Old 04-08-2009, 05:54 AM

I was messin' with you. You seem to be missing that your problem only started when you connected the IAC. Why not start there? You also set your timing, but assuming you set it right, that would not cause the problem.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM

new development i recently ordered a new tps from omni power and set it right and the problem remains could they have sent me a faulty tps? what are the chances of that happening and also if i unhook the tps the car idels a little low and gets horrible mpg but the fuel srumble goes away????

Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM

I'm taking bets if anyone is interested. I'm giving 5 to 1 odds he replaces the exhaust system before he even looks at the IAC. Takers???