Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Auto D16y7 Starting Problem!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 PM
MUSTANG NAZI!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto D16y7 Starting Problem!!!

so last night i swapped the tranny, torque converter, and shifter cable in my girlfriends EK hatch. i put it all back together and when i tried to start it it just makes a click sound and then does nothing. i think i have all the grounds good but i need to fix it. i need the car to be running by tonight, so if anybody has any idea as to what could be the problem, any help would be appreciated
OLD SCHOOL EF CREW MEMBER #100

Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
engine building &best

when you put the flex plate back on did you make sure it was all perfectly flush with the crank?if so then it sounds like a sterter problem did you try jumping the starter to see if it will spin

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
MUSTANG NAZI!

yeah i made sure it was all perfectly flush, it really wasnt as hard as i thought it was going to be. no i didnt try and jump it yet im gonna do that in a second. i have another starter to but its such a pain to change lol.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:24 PM
engine building &best

yeah it might just need alil knock on it to free it up,if when you put a jumper on it and it does not spin then its locked up you can either rebuild it or buy another...u can test you other one 1st b4 you install it tho..yeah its not that hard and if you did eventhing right you will be happier when you first hit that gas again and the car goes!!!did you make sure you put enough fluid in the tranny to..

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
MUSTANG NAZI!

so i just tried to jump the starter and it is engaging. its poping out but it is just not turning the motor over. i dont know what to do

Old 03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
sleeper

put the other starter in it ... it should only be two or three screws and its in and out .. the tranny is harder than a starter .
Old 03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
engine building &best

awww man did you count the teeth and measure the old convertor?i told they there were 2 sizes i hope you did not get the smaller one then

Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
MUSTANG NAZI!

awww are you serious, i took it to autozone and we both counted the teeth. it was 109 so he ordered it and all that. i filled it with a quart of ATF and bloted it up. then i bolted up the tranny and all that. whenn i jumped the starteri can hear it click out but its like its making contact with the TC and just not spinning the crank it just sounds like its poping out.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:37 PM

so you put the torue converter on the engine before you put the trans on? thats your problem! if the splines on the converter didnt line up perfectly in the trans (which they never do easily) then it will put too much pressure on the flex plate and will bend in twards the motor causing it to jam on the block or the main seal housing. try and turn the motor ny hand. if you cant then your gonna have to pull the trans and do it right...you also may have fucked up the flex plate by bending the shit out of it....also i think there is suposed to be a spacer in there somehwere, you didnt forget it did you?

BTW your suposed to put the torque converter in the trans first. wiggle it around until it pops all the way in, which can take a lil messing with, then jack it up and mount the trans to the block, once thats done you put the torque converter bolts in in a criss cross pattern from under the engine. if your not sure if the torque converter is in all the way, mount the starter and pull the gear out and see if the teath line up.

Last edited by freakasis; 03-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
MUSTANG NAZI!

Thanks Man, I Didnt Even Realize I Had To Put It In The Tranny First. I Just Took It Back Apart And Will Finish It Tomorrow Afternoon. I Will Post Up How Things Turn Out