Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

power steering question

Old 10-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power steering question

okay its probably a dumb question but i need a few opinions

i did a b series swap into my eg and i want to put powersteering back in. my question is will any b series power steering bracket work? its a b16a that i have now. also if i can reuse my factory one that came with the car? what kind of fabrication do i have to do?

i always did it the lazy way and took it out when i did b swaps just wanted to know so i dont blow out my rack
TR 5th gen civic crew #42
Old 10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Great White Hope

Well, buddy, it looks like I have the answer, or I have an answer to what I did, lol. First of all, you may be able to use your ps pump, I couldn't in my DA, well, I couldn't without it looking jerry-rigged, lol. I first bought P75 ITR upper and lower brackets off of eBay (I'll sell them both to you with the heat shield if you find you need it). I then went looking for a pump for a 94+ GSR and ended up getting a 98 gsr pump and bracket from the same guy and plan on using those instead of the P75 pair. Basically, you're going to be looking for a PR3, P72, or P75 bracket, they're all the same; I have that P75 upper and lower bracket for sale if you want them for $40 pickup in gainesville (LOL!) or for $45 with shipping. You can also buy them both brand new from Acura/Honda for around $100 total. So, parts list includes a DOHC VTEC pump, maybe a custom line, and the upper and lower brackets for a DOHC VTEC motor. Believe me, I have been where you are right now and did quite a bit of research to get my shit working.

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least
."

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #28
Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 PM

^thats cool and makes sense. but i would like to buy them off you but in the line of work i am in money is tight so i gotta be cheap i think my buddy cory might have one he could sell me for 20 bux . its the pr3 i believe
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Great White Hope

if it is PR3, it will work. make sure the bottom bracket you have will work, if it is for a DOHC VTEC motor, is should. what number is stamped on that bottom bracket? if the bottom bracket says P54, you're good to go and only need the top PR3 bracket.

."

Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM

All 94+ b-series ps pumps are not the same. Some have a larger diameter whole in the top for the upper ps line. I believe its the LS pump that matches with d-series upper hose.

As said above ..... must use a VTEC upper ps bracket. p72, p73 etc
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Great White Hope

yeah, the 98+ pumps have a huge ass whole. I found that out the hard way. as far as matching a pump up with your pressure line, you'll have to find out that yourself. find the part number on your pump and call a dealers parts dept. or use google to find out what that went on. if you cant find out anything from there you could go to autozone and have them get the lines and then you measure them to see if the holes and the tube on the hose matches up.

."

Old 10-30-2008, 03:42 PM

sweet that for the input guys ill do that much help thanks