Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

b16 block with gsr head

Old 07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Jay
Janky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepinsol
wow i cant begin to tell you how much of this is wrong. the gsr head has SMALLER combustion chambers, which is why there is an instant rise in compression when u use it over a b16 head. and while the b16 ports are at a different angle, the gsr head DOES NOT flow any better than all b series heads out there. in fact both a b16 and a gsr head flow about the same, with each having an advantage at a different point of lift. the TYPE R head is the head that out flows all other b series heads bc its factory ported/polised. and on another note....to get 12.2:1 compression u need to run a head gasket thinner than a piece of paper if ur using p30 pistons.

i really hope this clears some things up. dunno where all that info came from but i did tons of research b4 i did my ls vtec conversion about which head to get. but on a side not a gsr head on a b16 cant hurt. the extra compression is always a plus.

+1

http://jankycrew.com
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Cool Runnings

Originally Posted by sleepinsol
wow i cant begin to tell you how much of this is wrong. the gsr head has SMALLER combustion chambers, which is why there is an instant rise in compression when u use it over a b16 head. and while the b16 ports are at a different angle, the gsr head DOES NOT flow any better than all b series heads out there. in fact both a b16 and a gsr head flow about the same, with each having an advantage at a different point of lift. the TYPE R head is the head that out flows all other b series heads bc its factory ported/polised. and on another note....to get 12.2:1 compression u need to run a head gasket thinner than a piece of paper if ur using p30 pistons.

i really hope this clears some things up. dunno where all that info came from but i did tons of research b4 i did my ls vtec conversion about which head to get. but on a side not a gsr head on a b16 cant hurt. the extra compression is always a plus.

well said. where does these guys get their info...

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
starting over

^ not sure where but i got a good laugh reading it all lol.

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 PM

I have a 2000 b16 stock bottom end , ls tranny with a fully built 94 Gsr head also as my daily driver my vtec pulls so freakin hard like im on boost or something ,one thing you might want to invest in is the msd setup. I must say it wasnt a bad idea i just lack the torque of every other b-series which i make up for in rpm's and top end ....... just my 2 cents
Old 07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
engine building &best

^vtec only has to do with your cam setup,but with a fully built had and nice ls bottom you get all the Tq and Rpm's there is a pretty big difference..as for the remark from 01LatinVizionGSR

I know im crazy

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM

thanks alot for all off the info i think i'm going to go with the ls with b16 pistons
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Cool Runnings

no real need for a msd setup on a honda especially a all motor street car. if anything you can just do a external coil.

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05
Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by 88stang
i'm wonder how my car will run with a jdm b16a bottom end with a fully built gsr head lmk asap b/c i'm looking to do that or going back to an ls vtec lmk what would be better and which head gasket i would use gsr or b16 don't know if there is even a difference in the two thanks alot

ill go wit the lsV. i have a friend wit dat set up b16bottom end and gsr head and i dont like how it runs to me it dont make no different ill go lsv.

ALL MOTOR
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Every dog has his day.

Originally Posted by Old Renegade
no real need for a msd setup on a honda especially a all motor street car. if anything you can just do a external coil.

Yeah stock honda ignition is good to like 600whp+
Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM

^lol with a .010 gap on the plugs....

PM me for any AC, audio, and wiring work on your vehicle. Including but not limited to car audio, alarms, gauge installs, custom clusters, full troubleshooting, big/dual fuel pump relay kits, battery relocation, factory radio iPod and amplifier integration, custom harnesses, and custom standalone ecu installs and much more! If you need it done, we can do it! Don't be afraid to inquire!