Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

does this sound like a starter?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Ecotec y0!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this sound like a starter?

the cars a 94 accord, with an F22

anyways i started it today to bring it out to the driveway so i had more room in garageto work on my car, bla bla bla, few hours later went to put it back in garage, wouldnt start. it barely started for maybe a second then shut off. it will crank over though, the starter sounds like its just spinning, but car is in now way to start it sounds like. so i push it in, check the wires and plugs, they seem a bit old, so i go to autozone, replace the plugs and wires, and go to start it... nothing. still jus spinning. so i take off the battery, place it on a piece of wood, take off air filter, clean that, clean the intake with cleaner, put it all back together, nothing. not even a sound of the starter, maybe a small little click, i thought maybe the battery died when i took it off, but no, lights work, radio works, i even jump started it for shits and giggles and still no noise from anything, just acts like its a dead car...

i find it odd how if it is a starter it can just die out of no where, but that kinda shit does happen i guess... any ideas!? thanks, its my moms car not mine, so she needs it!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM
DC Crew Member #1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea sounds like the starter is just spinning and not actually shooting out of the housing to spin the flywheel.