Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Leaky....

Old 01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
No more Vtec!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky....

So I just finished my first project with the Type R...I noticed a foul smell (moldy) seeping out from under me....I tore back the corner of my carpet and BAMMMM.....SOAKED!!! I ended up stripin dwn the interior, rippin out the carpet, and hangin it out to dry! The source of the leak is the weird part! I searched alll over for window/seal leaks and nothin! Plus...only the carpet was wet....nothing else!!! Apparently, the factory seals (yellow caulk is what it looks like) were cracking and such...i sprayed some 409 from the undercarriage up and sure enough, bubbles came on thro!!! I re-sealed all the factory seals with silicone and then sprayed a rubberized sealent on top of that....I really hope this works cause i already thro the interior back in!!!! the upside is......no more smell.... Anybody else experience something like this???

Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
www.CEMayhall.com

Its because you have a Type R and Type R's Suck! Just Kidding!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Protected Taurus .45/.410

heater core might be leaking, not sure tho if you have one

MCOR Automotive LLC
http://www.mcorautomotive.com/
PM MCOR for any electronics, upholstrey, accessories or window tint (813) 362-5454
They will take care of you as they did me
Old 01-25-2008, 07:07 PM

heater core is bad... most likely thats it..

Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 PM

typical for EG DC chassis, the seam sealer leaks, there was a tsb about it a few years ago. You need to reseal the firewall seam. If it was the heater core you would smell coolant. Also have u used your AC lately could be the tube that runs through the firewall it sometimes falls out and then the condensation water does not run down under the car but instead into your floorboard.

Honda of Wesley Chapel Crew Member #1

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 07

TR H2B crew #2

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 PM
DC Crew Member #1

I have that problem too. It is not the heater core though because it only gets wet behind the drivers seat. I put blame on the seals too so I am going to do the same thing you did by resealing and spraying the rubber undercoating over it. I dynomatted the whole bottom of the floor so I know for sure there are no holes there causing leaks cause dynamat has tar like shit on the bottom of it to seal.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:32 AM
No more Vtec!

Thanks everyone....Im waitin for a storm to come through and see if it wrked...Where is the heater core??? I dnt even know where to locate it!