Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

buying integra

Old 02-13-2001, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no not me you fools! well i will be a honduh boy soon enough...well probably not for another year.

this is LONG!

anyways my brother just turned 16 in nov. and he needs a ride. he likes integras especially type Rs and GSRs. too bad the parents wont afford the type R (i would be damn jealous!)

ok. im doing the auto trader looking right now. my brother IS NOT into modding....YET! hes a big computer dork so he spends his allowance or whatever on that stuff. of course he needs a car for a job.

the parents promised a car of equal value to what they got my camry for ($7600) so basically 7500 and under.

he wants an integra coupe in 94-97 (98 and up is too expensive still) 5 speed and anything but purple and prefers black or silver i think. my dad will not buy anything that is modded either cuz he knows that if a car is modded it is most definately been run hard! and alot of cars unmodded are run hard but you have no way of knowing so u just gotta take that risk.

my main questions are what are the things to look out for when buying an integra? anything to look for like on the 94s since it was the new generation year and there might be bugs??? i havnt heard anything yet about them. i know the gsr has what 170HP? and whats the engine below that on the other models (RS? and LS or GS?) basically hes getting the power accessories and 5speed (moonroof is give or take as well as stereo since he will upgrade to mp3 or something)

sorry this was long but i appreciate any comments/suggestions from you fellow honda guys! (i know if he gets the 5sp ill be wanting to play around with it!)

-daniel

------------------
Daniel
93 Camry---cold air pipe cut springs
fart tip big white rims front cow catcher
CLICK...
Old 02-14-2001, 08:10 AM

Well in the years you are looking for GS-Rs are the ones that came standard with moonfoofs power doors/windows...just the basics that he is looking for. They didnt all come with leather in 94 (GS-R option that year) so if you find a 1994 Teg you cant be sure if it has leather until you look.

The Integra GS-R is a nice car even for someone who doesnt think about modding as their main priority. I think this would be a swell car for your brother! It has just enough pep to get out of its own way and looks nice to boot.

When looking look for the standard used car flaws. Check the door jams to make sure the car has not been repainted. Tap the panels to see if they have been filled. To see if it was lowered in a previous life check under the front bumper and see if there are any scrapes. Look under the hood and make sure the block code is B18c1 (you never know!) and check the engine compartment for scarapes that can occur when removing aftermarket parts. Get service records if you can! If you can test drive it to someone who knows Hondas try and do so! We have a lift and if you found one and made plans with us we could check it out for you!

Good luck in finding your brother his first car! I hope all goes well!

------------------
Denise
1988 Honda CRX Si - the Killah Bee
No SHOW No GO No MOTOR
<A HREF=http://www.geocities.com/crixb16a/index.html TARGET=_blank> </A>

- You laugh at me because Im different.
I laugh at you because youre all the same. -
Old 08-31-2006, 12:21 PM

i got a h22 teg 4 3800 4 sale lmk