Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Got an annoying problem.....

Old 10-28-2000, 08:25 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im all set to go to Desoto and what happens? Car starts missing badly above 4500RPM. Happens in all gear under full throttle but no MIL. Its pretty bad.
So far Ive checked/changed the plugs wires distributer cap/rotor and all underhood connections. Nothing is wrong with em. Sunday Im gonna check the fuel system and get some fuel pressure numbers to see if anything is wrong on that end. Also do a compression check to make sure nothing is wrong in that department. Might as well check valve float too while Im at it but I doubt thats the cause. Anyone have any ideas on this matter?
Old 10-29-2000, 07:56 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Sounds like ignitor to me - its inside the distributor basically a 200 dollar computer chip. Let me know if you need a used one.

------------------
-JG-
Also known as John from Spec R
Honda S2000
1988 CRX
My stoopid webpage

Spec R Tuning - Tampas premier dyno center and import performance shop
813-910-7235
Old 10-29-2000, 11:21 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Fixed it.
This morning I get in after clearing the ECU and test drive it. The car just DIES at about 4k. I get it back home and its got a battery light and an oil light on. About shit my pants at the oil light...
Anyways I check out compression first and all is well. Do a vacuum check and all is well. Next I check out the Helms procedure for a battery light and it leads me to an alternator problem. Well the alternator was fine so I tossed the Helms and went back to square one the ignition. I recheck plugs wires cap and rotor. Everything seems fine but I guess since it was dark last night I couldnt see the carbon streaking on the rotor because I could see it plain as day this morning. Bought a new rotor and cap installed started er up and Voila! The damn car is good as new. My advice to everyone is this if youre working on your car do it in the light!!!!!
DOH!!!!!

Thanks John for the suggestion.
You always seem to have tons of spare parts and Im glad. Im sure somewhere down the road Ill be beggin you for some part or another.