Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Honda GODS!!! Possible Alignment Issue.. **Need Help**

Old 07-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda Gear Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda GODS!!! Possible Alignment Issue.. **Need Help**

Well, it goes like this. I was driving in the rain with my rex. Going at a descent speed of 40 in the 45m.p.h lane. I was coming off 301 to go torward my house in temple terrace. I was on the left lane of a two lane road. An idiot was at the upcoming intersection at the red light, on the far right lane for him, so he could turn and head the same way as i am going if it is clear, easily. Ok, so i acknowledged that he was possibly coming onto the lane beside me so i am comfortable to continue going on. Well, the idiot begun to turn, but he made a wide turn where he entered into the second lane like cut me off. I then notice that, i decrease speed and downshift into 3rd of my LS tranny. It wasn't enough because he was going at a low speed of say 15mph when he got into my lane. So here i am slamming on the brakes to avoid a accident which i couldn't pay or didn't want to pay at the time and he slowly gets out of my lane, i don't hit him, but when he was finally out of the way my rex's brakes i guess locks up and when i finally stop i am sent left and the driver front left wheel smacks against the median. I hit it and catch it and is thrown back onto the road in the lane i had previously been on. He ofcourse drove off and i was left with my steering wheel off slightly where it looks like i'm about to turn left but it goes straight. I arrived home and checcked everything. I seen that my left Ls axle, cv joint boot is damaged. The upper boot on the upper control arm is cracked and the cotter pin that was in the castle nut holding my steering knuckle in place snapped and i tightened the castle nut onto it, it seems to have gone on pretty good. I stick a cotterpin in the remaining castle nut and the steering wheel is still off. Do anyone know is it just an alignment problem or is it another part of my steering column? I need to know what it could be because if it's just alignment, i need to get that fixed because my car has enough bump steer to have me in another lane quick. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:54 AM

take it to a tire shop and have them check the alignment. they *should* be able to tell you if something else is bent or if the toe just needs to be adjusted. i have 2 years of alignment experience and to me it sounds like maybe there might be a bent control arm or just the front toe got knocked out. if the car pulls very hard one way its a good possibilty that something is bent. even if the steering wheel is crooked when you put the wheels straight and drive down the road and let go of the wheel, you should still stay pretty much straight. try to do this on a very flat road. LMK how it goes
Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Rockin' 4 more Cylinders

Originally Posted by SiADub
take it to a tire shop and have them check the alignment. they *should* be able to tell you if something else is bent or if the toe just needs to be adjusted. i have 2 years of alignment experience and to me it sounds like maybe there might be a bent control arm or just the front toe got knocked out. if the car pulls very hard one way its a good possibilty that something is bent. even if the steering wheel is crooked when you put the wheels straight and drive down the road and let go of the wheel, you should still stay pretty much straight. try to do this on a very flat road. LMK how it goes
Like you know anything about alighnments

jk you know i love you aaron .

But yeah he's right.

_Jake D
Old 07-20-2007, 03:11 PM

yeah budy! lol