Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Tell me about the F20B

Old 06-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM brax90si, he's all about those f20bs and he knows his shit.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Alright. Lets get started here.

The F20B only came in OBD2B, and it is a great motor. Same Hp as the H22, and Revs higher. The torque is Lower of course due to Displacement. 146 torque. The sleeves are Iron, instead of FRM.

The F20B is the same block, and head as the Over rated H22a.
The F20B revs higher, I am revving mine to 8200 at this moment, and it loves it.
The F20b comes with Ported and polished Intake ports from factory, and H22 Type-S cams. ($500 cams BTW)

The motor can fit in a 94 accord. Your accord came with the F22b1 or F22b2.
You can use your tranny and stock axles. Though your tranny sucks, sorry it does, due to the long gears. Best option would be to get Prelude tranny.

All your stock engine mounts will fit except the driver side mount. The driver side mount will need to be sourced from hasport.

Your stock tranny, and axles will fit. Your stock shift linkage will fit as well, no need to get prelude linkage.

If you have a Accord Ex with Vtec you will be already wired for vtec. If not you will need to wire in Vtec selenoid, and Vtec oil Pressure switch.

As for the Dizzy being OBD2b, You will need to get a OBD1 H22a Dizzy. It is alot easier!!

You can use a P13 ecu which is for the OBD1 H22a, but the F20b I have heard doesnt like it. Not to mention you will throw codes for the EGR, and Knock sensor.

I would up grade to a OBD1 P28 Ecu with a H22a base map, that is what I am running at this moment, and the car is running great. I got it from Phearable.net, John Vega. I am not sure if it will work for the Accord, but why wouldnt it, it is OBD1. Just call him and ask.

Other than that, It is a pretty straight forward swap.

The F20b is a grat motor, and I got a great deal on it. The OBD1 H22a will probably be easier for you. Just call around to engine importers to see if you can get one, I couldnt find one, since everyone is doing the H2B swap.

If you have any other questions dont hesitate to PM me.

-Brax
Old 06-02-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by brax90si
Alright. Lets get started here.

The F20B only came in OBD2B, and it is a great motor. Same Hp as the H22, and Revs higher. The torque is Lower of course due to Displacement. 146 torque. The sleeves are Iron, instead of FRM.

The F20B is the same block, and head as the Over rated H22a.
The F20B revs higher, I am revving mine to 8200 at this moment, and it loves it.
The F20b comes with Ported and polished Intake ports from factory, and H22 Type-S cams. ($500 cams BTW)

The motor can fit in a 94 accord. Your accord came with the F22b1 or F22b2.
You can use your tranny and stock axles. Though your tranny sucks, sorry it does, due to the long gears. Best option would be to get Prelude tranny.

All your stock engine mounts will fit except the driver side mount. The driver side mount will need to be sourced from hasport.

Your stock tranny, and axles will fit. Your stock shift linkage will fit as well, no need to get prelude linkage.

If you have a Accord Ex with Vtec you will be already wired for vtec. If not you will need to wire in Vtec selenoid, and Vtec oil Pressure switch.

As for the Dizzy being OBD2b, You will need to get a OBD1 H22a Dizzy. It is alot easier!!

You can use a P13 ecu which is for the OBD1 H22a, but the F20b I have heard doesnt like it. Not to mention you will throw codes for the EGR, and Knock sensor.

I would up grade to a OBD1 P28 Ecu with a H22a base map, that is what I am running at this moment, and the car is running great. I got it from Phearable.net, John Vega. I am not sure if it will work for the Accord, but why wouldnt it, it is OBD1. Just call him and ask.

Other than that, It is a pretty straight forward swap.

The F20b is a grat motor, and I got a great deal on it. The OBD1 H22a will probably be easier for you. Just call around to engine importers to see if you can get one, I couldnt find one, since everyone is doing the H2B swap.

If you have any other questions dont hesitate to PM me.

-Brax
he said all that in just one breath too, he could go on for DAYS!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:24 PM

LOL you are funny my friend. I was in Winter Haven last Sat, at publix hangin out with the Local crew with the F20B hatch, they couldnt believe it LOL. Some guy said it was fake, LOL. Th GSR tranny, and F20B together couldnt be done. I told him all about it, the first in Florida. Funny stuff.

-Brax
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 PM

^thats homo publix for ya, haters and wanna be's
Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Yeha it was pretty gay to tell ya the truth. Me and some Lakeland peeps wen tout there to get some races but no one wanted to race....

They were scared...

I would love to run your Si at the track with the EK hatch would be fun.

You going to the Track day? I will be running the EK hatch there, you should go.

-Brax
Old 06-02-2007, 08:43 PM

^gonna be in Georgia, Lilsang already asked LOL. i'm on the lookout for some autocross parts, ie:sway bars, shocks, bushings, strut bars, anything to increase the handling now that i boosted the power. hit me up if you stumble on something worth buying. BTW you've been repped
Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Go with an H22, the F20B is just a detuned H22
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM

Yes, it is not detuned, But just destroked. Same Hp, just different TQ. USDM H22a is 195hp, JDM 200hp, JDM Type-S H22 220 Hp, JDM F20b 200 Hp.

OBD1 H22a is easier. If I were you and I had your car I would go H22A since it isi easier, and you are new to this. If you want to Rev got F20B.

-Brax
Old 06-02-2007, 09:25 PM

Mitsumike- you're rebuttal?....................