Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

HKS wastegate II problems

Old 01-28-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS wastegate II problems

I have an HKS GT II wastegate knockoff (sad to say) and it has a 9lb spring in it but it is overboosting. It did not come with instructions and I am at a loss. I unscrewed the allen head screw a bit with no luck. I have tried to use a manual boost controller (ball & spring) a friend gave me but with no instructions as well. Has anyone had a problem before? Should I screw the allen head in? Any help would be great.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Welcome to Candy Mountain

How do you know it has a 9lb spring?? If its a knock off then it may be the wrong spring. Might wanna get a better one, thats kinda vital. How much is it overboostin? Might be boost creep if its just a little bit. I would suggest makin sure you atleast have an ECU with Boost Cut until you get this fixed.

Need some Stereo/Security/Video Work Done? Almost Anything 12 Volt I can do. 12 Years Experience. Send a PM For Inquiries.....
Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Obviousreasons
How do you know it has a 9lb spring?? If its a knock off then it may be the wrong spring. Might wanna get a better one, thats kinda vital. How much is it overboostin? Might be boost creep if its just a little bit. I would suggest makin sure you atleast have an ECU with Boost Cut until you get this fixed.

That is what spring they said was in it when I purchased it. It is boosting up over 20lbs. I have 2 other springs that came with it but again no instructions. I have the Power fc installed with the power fc boost controller that ties to the ecu but the hand controller is not working and am waiting for a new unit to arrive ( hopefully soon). So I have no way to control it with the boost solenoid and can not monitor anything. I have installed a 20lb boost gauge temporarily and try to keep it at around 15lbs.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Took one of the 2 springs out. Good now