Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Honda Element Turbo

Old 11-15-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Element Turbo

Hey Guys!! New to the forums, Dilema.....Get a cheap beater and build up to tuner, or pimp the shit out of my E. It is the 2.4 motor and has absolutly no balls. I know, I know I shouldnt have bought a box then, but seriously, I need to achieve 200 hp in this with out comprimising daily driving, ei... losing the seats and spare tire and what not. I love Hondas for thier reliablilty and I wanted an SUV, so the E. was the choice, that and my wife had to have the suicide doors. So With that in mind and a budjet of about 3000$ I need good advice, I had a turbo set up quoted for 6500$ but thats way too high. No offense in advance but please no amatuer advice, this is my 24000$ grocery getter, and it has to be functional. I already have a silly K&N drop in filter, Its running 20's which I Know takes a little away, but with 200 hp as th goal I am hoping the weight of the wheel has less effect.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
UF Mech/Aero Eng

wrong, its not the weight of the wheel (well it is, but) mostly is where the weight is, and on larger wheels all the weight (rim, seat, tire) is on the outside. i can break down the physics if you really want me to.

best bet is a TSX K24. drop in the longblock and you will be set.

University of Florida Gators - '06 NCAA Basketball & Football - '07 NCAA Basketball
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM

yeah its unsprung weight, I understandf the Idea of it, center of gravity, as if the wheel were lying on its side. I need a good shop to perform the process of whatever I am about to embark on as well. Reputable, honest and all around good.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM

Talk to LHT
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

LHT is a great shop, and they can definitly hook you up, but they are on the steep side.

you get what you pay for though.

goodluck

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 11-15-2006, 03:45 PM
iStayClean.com

Originally Posted by Alpha
Talk to LHT
Yep and its not about being on the deep side.. The way i see it is if you want good stuff and quality parts you got to pay for them.. Bro ive seen LHTs work up close and personal and its worth every penny ( i think ). ive had a couple of turbo cars and N/A cars done by a couple different shops back in texas and i payed crazy money, way more than what LHT is charging and it wasnt half the quality..

So take it to LHT and hit up john and the man will let you know whats good and whats not.... good luck with your project bro
Old 11-15-2006, 04:21 PM

LHT's prices are fair. A car I am helping with and tuning just got a kit from them. Good price IMO. Goto their shop. Talk to them and see their work
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead