Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Don't buy from slowboyracing.com

Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Has to many projects

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, I know it's a lot to read, but I sent the kit back 2 mo ago. The sales man said he would get me all my money back. So that is what I did. Now they are saying they are going to charge me a restocking fee, when he said they would not. They new is was not my fault, well then anyway.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Keep it REAL

Originally Posted by CBURKE
lol, I know it's a lot to read, but I sent the kit back 2 mo ago. The sales man said he would get me all my money back. So that is what I did. Now they are saying they are going to charge me a restocking fee, when he said they would not. They new is was not my fault, well then anyway.
If he told you that you would recieve the full amount them you should, call them and tell them that your not really interested in paying ANY restocking fee after a salesman told you that there was an intercooler and then lied about saying it and then another salesman saying that you would get all your money back.

Damn SBR is really trying to fuck you over man, good luck, let us know what happened and if you get all your money back.

Mazda 2 Forums

R.I.P. Pablo 'Fathead' Garcia - Love you man! See you on the other side!
R.I.P. Kevin 'Slo_Si' Gonzalez - You will be missed!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Yo face!

That sucks, when I did my motor swap I was terrified to order stuff off the internet.I hope you get the rest of your money back.

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #79
Old 07-27-2006, 12:14 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

well at least you got $1300 out of your $1500 back.

my friend ordered a turbo kit from an ebay company and there were no contact numbers to dispute anything that came with the so called kit.

it was horrible. he was out all his money.

try your VISA card, unfortunately it will come down to a he say/she say dispute

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Has to many projects

I know, but such a big company, and like it's going to hut them to give me back my 136.00$. They would rather lose me and anyone I can influence as a customer.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Shoe Whore

This is why you should have: #1 Read what you were purchasing before hand. (yes I understand the sales people mislead you) But you said it your self, it said the kit does not come with an FMIC. You obviously had doubts, why else did you call several times to confirm with several different people?

#2 One of the first rules of phone coversations when speaking to a business is get the names of the tools you are speaking to. Collect all the details so when Mr. Boss says "who did you speak to?" you can say "I spoke to Chris on the 5th and Joe on the 7th etc etc." Get your shit in order !

#3 ALWAYS Dispute anything purchased through your Visa with Visa directly. Wasn't the item you ordered, or were promised ? No problem ! They will do it for you. It's shitty your out $300 + dollars. Consider it a costly lesson.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 PM

I think the picture is very misleading, even if it says "for more power, see the accessory page for Front mount intercoolers". Well CBURKE, slowboy racing has lost me as a potential customer. I would rather pay more for customer service and better business practices.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Has to many projects

Thank you good sir.........
Old 07-28-2006, 08:09 AM

uh, i'd probably try to file a lawsuit for misleading information from multiple employees. and they should reimburse their promise to credit your account of the restocking fee.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:45 AM
SAVE THE SOHC!

i would get a lower and take them to court man get 500 more out of them with ease
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #166